• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sox is missing

jack8

Mama Doe
What should I do

There was a hell of a lot of fighting last night at about 4am and no sign of him

IMG_0636.jpg

Has he ever gone missing before? When Misty disappeared I posted leaflets all round my area with her picture on it, I informed vets to look out for her being brought in, I asked neighbours to check sheds and garages.

Hope Sox comes home soon :cry:

No he never has he such a creature of habit. I only took him in when the neighbour died but he has settled in so well for the last 5 or 6 years. I think someone has stolen him, it's the not noing that's upsetting.

Misty has gone missing twice ... just down to her lack of brains I think... but both times she has come back after a few days. Dont think Sox wont come back...

Put some food out for him, maybe something that smells of him/you...
Have you asked the neighbours etc?

All you can do really is leaflet your area. If you think he's been stolen perhaps offer a reward on posters. Contact vets and the council. Is he microchipped?

No he is not chipped I only took him in because the neighbour died , but I like the chap he is so friendly and never goes far.

oh no :( I really hope Sox comes home. Is it warm there today Jack? Maybe Sox is asleep somewhere quiet, he will probably come home when it cools down a bit?

Fingers crossed.

aww hun, I hope you find him , it is warm and many cats go to ground my 2 are both out and not seen them sincebreakfast which they didn't eat.
good luck

I just think there was such a noise last night, I have spoken to a neighbour and they said there was a wild dog in there garden last night going mad the cats all run but she thought it was a fighting type ,
God poor old sox would not have a chance he is so slow :cry::cry::cry:

hes beautiful. Dont worry too much right now, my Oscar went missing for two days and he normally doesnt leave the house but he came back. Sometimes they just go, i understand how you are feeling though my cat binx went missing in nov 2002 and was never seen again :cry:

but its still early, your cat will probably be back very soon
Good luck :)

Someone else on here had a cat who went missing, I think people recommended cooking strong smelling fish like kippers or something. Also, does he eat dried food that you can shake.

Hope he comes home soon.

have you been out to look for him? if not best time will probably be about 6 as most cats will laze/sleep in bushes and everything in hot weather. when my cat dissappeared last year it took 2 weeks before he came home we put posters up and everything else dont loose hope hun i hope he comes home soon.

Have you knocked on all your neighbours doors and asked them to check their sheds and garages? That's the most likely places. This time of year people go in/out much more so he's more likely to get accidentally shut in. Plus if he was injured or scared that's the sort of place he will bolt to.

I have been out everywhere I can think of. I just can't explain it seems he has gone. The next door neighbour is out and she has two cats I have only seen one of her's , II think something is very wrong. I maybe worrying over nothing but you can't help it can you.

hes probably just hiding... the dog must of given him a fright and now its too warm to move let alone go home...

i hope he turns up this evening when he feels safe/cool enough to venture out xxx

Back