• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice needed :-( (R.E Birds!!)

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,
Im really concerned and need advice :cry: There has been so much advice about foxes/cats etc but does anyone know about birds????!!

I dont know if you remember a while ago i posted about Ravens pecking out the eyes of sheep then stealing their lambs??

Well their is a big bird (looks like a crow but bigger so im concerned its a raven) and it was in my garden, went up to patch in his run and tried to peck him :cry: i went running out my house (dont think i have run so fast in my life:rolleyes: ) and scared it off! it was HUGE so i think it may be a raven!!

How do you keep birds out the garden, as i have two metal runs on the grass with buns in them, luckily patch was in one with small wired mesh so the bird never got him but i know if it went to the others it would get its beak through the metal bars and i dunno what would happen if it got hold of one of the buns, as they always come to the end to see whoever greets them (dogs, the cat, humans, birds etc)!!

Im sooooo worried :(, I always check on the buns every five or ten mins when their in the runs but what happens if it comes when i turn my back :cry:

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ah this is what they invented scarecrows for! I wonder if it would work? :) build yourself a 'man' out of old clothes and stand it on a pole near the bunnies, and hang some old CDs off the arms to catch the light as well - should keep birds away at least temporarily, although ravens are intelligent so it won't work for ever.

Thanks Elve.

It came back again :(:(:( i am so worried!! Think im going to have to put them back in their sheds but its not fair they love their time on the grass! I am glued to the window! its poop :(

Can you put the runs under a washing line with washing on? I find when the washing is flapping on the line bigger birds seem to stay away. Other than that, can you cover the run tops with something?

What kind of loud noise do you mean?:?

I have hooked shower curtains on end of runs so they flap about a bit, i have just been out cleaning them out so they have stayed away, their is loads of crows appeared too, so dont know if they are just crows that fancy the rabbits or whether the one that keeps coming on grass is a raven:cry:.

Thats a good idea about the washing line i will go and hang washing out now :lol:.

I will put the shower curtains over runs too so they cant really see them, Sophie was quite quiet i thought she may have had a bit of a sore stomach as she isnt eating grass/dandilions etc, she is still cleaning herself and that, im not sure if shes maybe just a bit frightened at the birds or whether she may have got a hairball or that as she is moulting like anything, going to keep an eye on her. What aworrying day :( xx

Back