• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My garden is full of baby blackbirds....

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
Yesterday they decided was the day to fledge, but although they thought they could fly, they haven't got all their feathers yet!! They are hopping around the lawn, trying to take off, and squeaking for mum.
BILD0344a.jpg

Still short of a tail feather or two!! Their mum and dad are both looking after them, feeding them and rounding them up to stay under the hedge.
I have left well alone, and just enjoying watching them. Just hope we don't get a cat visit, although the amount of noise my local blackbirds make when a cat is in the vicinity would frighten the most brave of pussies. :)

Och, what a wee sweetie. We have had a pair of blackbirds in our garden for years, they nest in our holly tree. Each year they have babies and each year one babie always manages to fall out of the nest. I always go out and put it back. Mummy blackbird used to tweet furiously at me but she seems to realise now that I'm helping.

Awwwww, so cute.:)

We had one in the garden last year, and then the magpies came and attacked it. By the time I had chased them off, the poor little baby had lost an eye and had a big wound on top of its head. It died shortly afterwards. :(

so sweet! We used to get little birds nesting in our hedgrow fence in our front garden and they'd all fly at us when we came past. :lol:

Awwwww, so cute.:)

We had one in the garden last year, and then the magpies came and attacked it. By the time I had chased them off, the poor little baby had lost an eye and had a big wound on top of its head. It died shortly afterwards. :(

I like magpies but not when they behave like that. :(

Back