• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nothing seems good enough

jenzel5

Mama Doe
How come I can't seem to find any suitable indoor homes for my buns? Why cant companies build indoor homes with 3 levels big enough for bunnies? I am thinking of getting them a triple hutch but they are indoors and really want something different. I have seen people make their own homes that look fantastic but I just can't seem to get any ideas of my own that seem good enough. AAARRRGGGHHH what is wrong with me? I guess I just want the very best for my rabbits, a paradise. What am I like? I am slightly limited of space so am wanting to build something with 2 hopefully 3 levels. Can be quite big though. Im getting slightly frustrated! :roll::roll:

Like this
1026.jpg

Truffle has a hutch in hers like this
1045.jpg

I had a puppy crate but found it more of a nightmare than anything else, I used to use fleece blankets or bath mats for the base but they just used to wee on it even though they has a litter tray, they now have a nero 4?? indoor rabbit cage and I use shavings as the base then cover half of it in hay, they love it and it is easier for us to keep clean x

the problem with any multi-storey hutch/cage is the useable floor space is drastically cut down by the hole for the ladder - you need a 2x5 double for a good amount of space for a pair including the ladder space.

I wouldn't like a multi-storey cage mainly due to the stability - I've got guinea pig cages stacked and just their little legs running about make the thing wobble slightly - it would rock too much with rabbits bounding about I think.

No problem ... have to make sure those former fosters of ours continue to live in luxury :lol: Give them a nose rub from me xx

Back