• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finished making my walk in Run! Pictures

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Here it is finished! Mesh on top and bottom, Should be safe from foxes

therun002.jpg

WOW :shock: lucky buns

I'm not sure about grass seed. I re-seeded some patches in my garden today but am keeping my buns off till it is grown.

i might use the old rabbit pen to section on each corner and put grass down bit by bit. It was lawn but we had to dig it up to put mesh underneith. the buns dont mind the dirt lol!

Last edited:
It looks great! You probably won't get the grass to regrow without protecting it - section parts off sound an idea). The rabbits will eat the shoots as soon as they come through.

its a dog run! I got some chicken wire and put it underneith and on top and tied it with garden wire to the frame. The buns love it as they are out 12 hours aday. I like to shut them in the hutch at night so the foxes dont scare them.

would you leave your buns in this overnight?

I have foxes in my garden most nights, SHell

Oooo thats cool...:D I have just bought some fence posts to do my walk in runs for the buns as well...

If you get foxes in your garden i still wouldnt leave your buns in the run overnight... foxes are great at detecting any weakness and utilising it... even if we cant see it!
I see you have a cover for the hutch which is great to put over at night too... :D

Oooo thats cool...:D I have just bought some fence posts to do my walk in runs for the buns as well...

If you get foxes in your garden i still wouldnt leave your buns in the run overnight... foxes are great at detecting any weakness and utilising it... even if we cant see it!
I see you have a cover for the hutch which is great to put over at night too... :D

would you put cover over hutch in this weather? The hutch is "fox proof"

my garden backs onto the railway line and the foxes cut through my garden.

Thats why I decided to put mesh on the top to be extra safe.

The hutch is prob a bit small for 2 giants but they are only shut in over night. SHell

Back