• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BunBun's kits & feeding time

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
BunBun before she went to the bridge.

BunBun4.gif

BunBun's orphaned kits born on April 29th 2008

Kits27508.gif

Feeding time

kitfeeding1.gif

Kitfeeding2.gif

Kitfeeding3.gif

kitfeeding4.gif

Kits39508.gif

Kits9508.gif

They are all doing well, so hopefully they will survive. Tracy at BARC showed me how to feed them. They are having feeds 3 times a day.

Rabswood

Last edited:
Aww so cute, i think you may have the date wrong it says the the kits were born on the 29th may 2008 :)

:love::love: They are lovely - hope they all make it. I hand fed Crystle's bub for 3 days until her milk started flowing again and its extremely hard work. Well done for managing to get them this far. What happened to their mummy ?

Tracy is brilliant with hand-rearing so following her advice will give the little ones the best chance :)

Poor BunBun :cry:

Janex

:love::love: They are lovely - hope they all make it. I hand fed Crystle's bub for 3 days until her milk started flowing again and its extremely hard work. Well done for managing to get them this far. What happened to their mummy ?

I was fostering her for BARC, when she arrived at the rescue she would have been pregnant as she was still living with her parents and her brothers. She was fine... then one day I found her still alive but floppy just laid in her hutch, took her straight to the vets who said it might have been pregnancy toxemia, because she was so young her little body couldn't cope. I have posted a thread in rabbit chat. Diet is supposed to play a major part but while she was with me (approx 3 weeks) and at BARC I think this is unlikely. The vet put her on drips but she was gone within the hour. Poor little one, she was being a good mother too for one so young herself :cry:

Rabswood

Back