• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i did something to day...

Rose

Mama Doe
so please don't hate me but i bought a new rabbit from the garden centre. I couldn't resist it was love at first site. Shes so pretty, shes a lop with longish fur and is white all over with ginger bits on her head and tortoiseshell patterned/
colour fur on her back end. My mum also said that the rabbits can have the whole room that they are currently. I also got a bargain today, i got a HUGE indoor cage today for 40 pounds its even bigger then jacks hutch. Jack cant stop looking at the new female bunny and i let him out while she was in the cage and it was all good signs he was more interested then her. :D

aww bless ya hun i wont hate you in my head all rabbits deserve great homes :) 3 of my rabbits were from a garden centre and the other from a breeder she was old stock :roll: is your boy bunny neutered yet? if not why not get that done now then you can get them bonded :D

lots of pics she sounds gorgeous.

xx

aww bless ya hun i wont hate you in my head all rabbits deserve great homes 3 of my rabbits were from a garden centre and the other from a breeder she was old stock is your boy bunny neutered yet? if not why not get that done now then you can get them bonded

lots of pics she sounds gorgeous.

Thank you, Jack's been neutered since March so im hoping to bond them once shes settled but shes too young yet to be neutered but ill still give it a go. :)

awwwww cant wait to see pics :D noone would hate you for getting your boy a girlfriend hun so dont worry about that.. just enjoy your new baby :D:D:D

10052008050.jpg

haven't decided on a name yet. I posted this on another thread but what do you think about start bonding today. :)

aw she looks like a fuzzy Mina.

I hope they bond well. I bonded two of mine while one was a baby and they were fine.

Thank You guys. I really want to start bonding today, what do you think? she's so happy and relaxed. Jack has met her while she was in the cage and all the signs are positive and when i put him back in his hutch he cant stop staring at her. :D

What do you guys think.

personally i think it may work now, but then when she gets hormonal they c ould fight...and sumtimes a fighth cant be repaired and cud break the bond. i would wait until she is spayed tbh x

I would let her settle in for longer but you know your own rabbits and how they are likely to be. Make sure it's neutral territory etc. Also as she is so young they will need extra careful watching during the bonding.

Was Jack neutered begining or end of March? If the end he might still be a bit hormonal. :)

Well i just tried them in the bath and it was disaster, Jack grabbed molly's neck. Ive separated them and their both back in their cages/hutch. I thing is Molly didn't care so im a bit confused.

Give her a week or two to settle in first, then start her vaccinations, and then think about bonding. Otherwise it might get a bit too much for her.

Back