• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Buddabun's Jack Please

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
She is a very poorly bunny. She had an inflamed nasal passage, just as Helen went away. I had her on Bisolvon which did nothing. I had her on children's Benadryl allergy.. nothing. It was stable til a few days ago, and has now got very bad. She started with a UTI and passing mucus (poss gut infection) and was put on some Baytril and Metacam. This solved those issues.

She has however lost alot of weight and is now really bad again with her breathing. She is really struggling to get air into her nostrils. My vet looked up the nostrils and there is very little discharge, they are just inflamed, making the air passage very small. So she has been put on once daily Depocillen injections.

I am beside myself with worry. She is so small and thin. Buddabun was told yesterday what was happening and I put Jack on webcam. She is so willing within herself. She is desperately trying to eat even though she is finding it so hard to breathe. She is also very active. But I am very worried about this little bunny and would like all the vibes you can muster.

Can I also just say a special thankyou to Sooz whose advise has been invaluable.... Jack says thankyou Auntie Sooz xxx

Thanks Sarah.. I don't feel like it. The vet thinks this is just stress, after having her teeth out, then getting a secondary infection, then the move and the introduction of a new diet... (she wasn't having that though so has gone back onto SS). Thinks it has just beaten her immune system down and now she is poorly. However she has a fighting spirit and I am banking on that getting us through. Also Charlie is taking such good care of her. He is a devoted husbun. Bri doesn't seem to know that there is anything wrong bless him.

Just feel awful as she isn't my bun and I have been entrusted with her care :(

I have Fibreplex here... would that be the same sort of thing?

No, its definately Questran she needs ( as long as Vet will prescibe it)
Questran helps bind up the enterotoxins (bad gut bacteria) preventing them from adhering to the gut wall causing enteritis/enterotoxaemia.
Fibreplex would be good to give too but it is no substitute for Questran.

Janex

Right I will ring today and see if I can get some. She has just had todays jab and some fibreplex. She is so thin though that it is hard to get the jab in. It has gone in ok though. I am so worried. she has quite mucussy poo today.

Back