• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why dont some people understand??

pepsiandcokey

Young Bun
ive avoided saying "men" as thats a bit sexist

ive recently come out of a break up of a 3 yr relationship.it had co-incided with the very sudden death of one of my house rabbits who was the centre of the house. i dont know why but i thought id offer to giveteh relationship one last shot (so we couldnt be accused of giving itup too easy). i find it so strange that when i got my list of demands about how I needed to change i was still ready to go ahead with the relationship. it was only when he said
"and another thing , its not normal to be that attached to your pets. for godsake its just a rabbit and you only had him 4 months i cant believe how upset youve been. its ridiculous."
only at THAT point did i realise that i he was a jerk. then my other rabbit jumped onto my pillow and i realised i'd made a good decision!!!

anyone have any similar experiences?

apologies if this is in the wrong section.

i dont think i could be with someone whos not an animal lover, so ive not been in that situation with a partner no... the people at work dont understand the love of pets i have because most of them dont keep pets.

Dump him :lol::lol::lol:

I once come home to find my then boyfriend had put Beatrix in cage, :evil: he was soon out :evil::lol::lol:

I once come home to find my then boyfriend had put Beatrix in cage, :evil: he was soon out :evil::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: he got dumped for putting the demon bunny in a cage :shock::shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would say that someone who doesn't understand your love for your pets/interests would be hard to be with!

When we knew Rudy was poorly, hubby wouldn't go into work that morning as he wanted to be at the vets with Rudy and for me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bryn loves the bunnies, so does my lodger good job really :lol:

thanks i thought i was going crazy
its strange that he could insult me so much
but as soon as he strayed into animal territory he was gone

he had made comments b4 about putting them in a cage when im at work and when im asleep, knowing full well my doe goes bonkers when locked up.

at the end of the day she is a bit destructive, but its only a bit of wood and what i get in return is more than enough payment!!!!!!!

thanks i thought i was going crazy
its strange that he could insult me so much
but as soon as he strayed into animal territory he was gone

he had made comments b4 about putting them in a cage when im at work and when im asleep, knowing full well my doe goes bonkers when locked up.

at the end of the day she is a bit destructive, but its only a bit of wood and what i get in return is more than enough payment!!!!!!!

Ive had comments from a male friend of mine about my indoor bunnies 'peeing and pooing everywhere'.....for a start they don't!...apart from a few poos here and there all my house bunnies have been litter trained and quite apart from anything else its my house not his!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is there a possibility that your ex/OH is jealous of the attention that your bun gets? I know that my rabbits get more than my OH but he loves them just as much as I do so it hasn't become a massive problem.

I know we don't all have to be the same but something as fundamental as what we think is important in life, I'd say, was a make or break issue for a long term relationship and shows a bit of an insight into how caring a person is capable of being.

If your OH doesn't understand how you feel about pets, then I'd say he isn't the bloke for you to be honest. You should be singing from the same hymn sheet.

my ex oh loved our bunnies, we got them together, but he only cared about the cuddling part, he didnt want to pay 4 vaccination and stuff like that, and he neva really cared about making them happier. like im ALWAYS trying to find new things to keep them entertained etc, he never bothered.

when we broke up after 3 years he wanted to keep Jelly, and i said 'but her and peanut are together' n he went'hel get over it'

i went 'OUT!'

and i still have all four of my babies :D

My husband is not involved in my bunnies care in any way. He does sometimes get frustrated when Rosie and Timmy zoom between his feet and trip him up, and with the bits of hay that seem to get EVERYWHERE! Truth be told, he is nervous of the buns.....he was never allowed a pet growing up, and is always afraid of getting scratched or bitten. But bless him, he lets me get on with it, as he KNOWS how important they are to me, and he sees the happiness that they bring me. He has a huge respect for all animals and all forms of life. So he lets me get on with it. I really appreciate that, so I try to show my appreciation by keeping the number of times that his dinner is late and/or burnt because I am busy doing something with the buns down to a minimum! :p :lol: :lol: I could NOT have dealt with having a relationship if he tried putting his foot down about my having the buns or if he didn't understand how I feel about them.....but 21 years later we are still together, so we must have gotten SOMETHING right!

Phil does nothing for the rabbits unles I ask for help specifically. They are 100% my pets, not his but from time to time I catch him giving them head, ear and nose rubs.

He has started to make friends with Lexie and took me into the other room last week to show off how Mack & Calli came running to see him so he could give them nose rubs....obviously there has been secret training going on there.

I think since he lost Maverick he is a bit afraid of getting attached to any because the one thing he has learnt is how quickly buns can die :cry::cry::cry: but he has never berated me for being upset....though has on occasion very quietly suggested maybe I should'nt get any more.

I would never be with a man that doesn't love my animals. My O/H gets stressed when anything is up with the animals even to the extent of feeling ill over it. I show my stress and get upset where as he bottles it up and makes himself sick. So yeah I am glad he loves them just as much as me. I think you made the right choice. You need to think of the future too and you don't want someone who doesn't appreciate your love for animals or being so controlling IMO

My oh isn't really an animal lover but I am a vet nurse so he has to put up with me talking about them all the time! When I got my rabbits he drove me all the way to birmingham (from yorkshire) to get them as he knew that it was important to me. He loves the rabbits nearly as much as I do. He doesn't really do the cleaning but when I was ill last night and had to go to bed he got them out, gave them their veg and looked after them. I think that if your oh doesn't understand how much things mean to you then it will never work.

oh my god what a :censored: hes sounds. it just shows that he never knew you if he could just dismiss your love for a bunny. oh my got what a complete :censored: i think you are much better off without the :censored:!

sorry about all the :censored: but that man has got me angry and i don't even know him, i just hate when people are so selfish they can't see whats right in front of them!:evil:

i hope you have better lucky with men in future!:wave:

It sounds like you're better off without him. :)

My OH is a funny one, he doesn't deal well with mess and claims constantly not to like pets or animals at all. He gets all stressy when the place gets furry and doesn't help at all with the feeding or cleaning because they are "my bloody animals" :roll:

Then I catch him talking to them and scratching their ears, proudly telling his friends all about our amazing giant rabbits and putting pictures of them on his phone, msn and facebook!

He also throws a massive strop every time I get something wild brought to me, and threatens to kill it when I'm not looking. I know he never would though, and he soon gets interested in how it's doing and when I'm going to release it.

Men eh? :roll: You can't live with them, and you can't kill them. :lol:

ive totally stopped moping today
spent last night agonising then this morning pepsi came running in and on teh bed as if to say MORRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!

i should have listenend to my horse, she tried to kick him once

u cant rely on my rabbits because they love EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

You've done the right thing hon and I promise you that when this little man ends up on your doorstep you'll be even more convinced!! :D

Back