• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT – is bougainvillea safe for rabbits to eat?

Middy

Warren Scout
I'm leaving Middy with my parents for a few days while I go away. They have a large bougainvillea in the conservatory, where she'll sleep (she is a houserabbit).

I'm worried that the plant may not be safe. Please advise – I'm off in the morning so any advice tonight will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

mmmmm no idea. Is there anything they can wrap round the plant to stop her getting to the lower branches like a sheet?

Thanks, ecudc. It's a bit tricky as the plant is large and spreads a bit...

I'll call them and see if they can raise it somehow... it's tricky as she is an inquisitive little soul and likes to chew pretty much anything!

Had a quick look on google and can't find anything to say it is piosonous, but some did say the thorns are toxic. I would try and keep her away just in case, anyway, if she has a run around she could hurt herself with the thorns.

Back