• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelions..

I'd be surprised if they weren't hoovered up in seconds:lol:

I've tried growing them, but to no avail:( All my buns, and especially my tortoise love them)

any new food should be introduced cautiously, just a tiny bit then slowly give them more over a couple of weeks - but yes they ADORE them - the sure way to get a poorly bun eating again as they are irrestistable.

very high in calcium though, which some bunnies might struggle with, and they will make your bunnies wee gallons of red wee :shock: so don't panic :D

I'd be surprised if they weren't hoovered up in seconds:lol:

I've tried growing them, but to no avail:( All my buns, and especially my tortoise love them)

my garden is a sea of yellow flowers at the mo :oops: the front garden :oops: must cut it all down tomorrow I guess, as the grass is a foot high :oops: they like poor soil, and my garden looks like a wasteland so they feel right at home :rolleyes:

What do you do if you have a dog that may wee on the grass, do you still give your buns the dandelions? :?

I've got some massive ones in my garden at the moment - all the rain we've had has produced some monster size ones - at least three times their normal size.

Bell and T have been having a couple a day for the last week and they're loving them - along with strawberry leaves because my garden is a carpet of strawberry leaves :oops:

I dug up a couple of plants and moved them to a pot. They looked a bit wilted for a while but have sprung to life now. That reminds me I have to go wip the flowers off before they seed everywhere. I think dandelions are kinda pretty but my mum isn't keen :lol:

There are sooo many this year, and they are massive! Bertie's just in Dandy Heaven! and Jack, Drake & Josh's coat will probably feel really soft after a few days on the Dandelions :)

They are great for our liver i think also.. :D

There was a programme (think it was Countryfile) where this woman made soup, coffee etc out of dandelions... Apparently they taste lovely...
There is somewhere who grows them especially for the alternative market...
I wouldnt want to try mine though...:?:lol:

They are great for our liver i think also.. :D

There was a programme (think it was Countryfile) where this woman made soup, coffee etc out of dandelions... Apparently they taste lovely...
There is somewhere who grows them especially for the alternative market...
I wouldnt want to try mine though...:?:lol:

I have dandelion root coffee :D Tastes like vanilla latte :)

My bun is 11 weeks old and LOVES dandelion. He eats leaves, flowers and all. Also likes the thistles that grow by them. :shock: :roll:

bluebell can smell them a mile off!:lol:i go picking twice a week n keep them in the fridge.stompie loves them too.xx

Back