• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jelly is worrying me

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
she has always been my stroppy little :censored: who i cnt help but love! recently shes become so subdued, she makes squeaky noises like hugh pitched grunts when i open the cage and wont run up to me for her food like she used to. she takes a little nibble but thats it. Shes been like it over a month, vet cant find anything wrong with her.

I did think maybe peanut was bullying her but she loves him. theyre always cuddling, always grooming, he sumtimes pushes her out the way when they eat, but i got a big dog bowl for them so both their heads fit now and he doesnt do it anymore.

shes changed, she seems so sad :(

could she be in pain at all? maybe molar spurs or something you cant see that is getting her down? when you feeling better or if your mum could pop her to vets to check it is nothing serious just in case. maybe she can sense you are unwell and feels sad for you my first bunny ever lucky would come running to sit with you if you were upset and let you stroke her for hours( not her norm behaviour) so i really think buns can tell xx

nah shes been doing it around a month now. i got her teeth fully checked and they r perfect, had her from a baby n shes always had good food, chews, as much hay as she could eat etc, so unless it was a breeding thing i dnt see why her teeth wud be a problem...altho i did get them checked just incase.

Is she spayed and if so when?

Janex

i think it was october time she was spayed. she used to be VERY hormonal and angry, but after her hormones calmed down that went... but shes still been very active, cheeky and a bit of a grumpy mare but its all vanished :(

i think it was october time she was spayed. she used to be VERY hormonal and angry, but after her hormones calmed down that went... but shes still been very active, cheeky and a bit of a grumpy mare but its all vanished :(

It could still be hormonal. Does Peanut try to.....* cough *........ hump her much ? :oops:

Janex

It could still be hormonal. Does Peanut try to.....* cough *........ hump her much ? :oops:

Janex

no hes never since hes been neutured. when i bonded them he never humped her once! shes always been the dominant bunny, altho recently he has started being a bit overly greedy with food but not enough to make her like this. its very strange.

no hes never since hes been neutured. when i bonded them he never humped her once! shes always been the dominant bunny, altho recently he has started being a bit overly greedy with food but not enough to make her like this. its very strange.

Hmmmm :?
Is she maintaining her weight?

Janex

Hmmmm :?
Is she maintaining her weight?

Janex

yeh, i mean i havent actually weighed her but her an peanut have always benen the same size and she looks no different. physically she seems fine. just went out to feed them and shes sitting in the corner, i go to stroke her, shes run into the 'litter area' and is sitting making frightened grunts. she isnt afraid of me, she always grooms me and is such an attention seeker, she loves to play shes neva afraid of anyone

yeh, i mean i havent actually weighed her but her an peanut have always benen the same size and she looks no different. physically she seems fine. just went out to feed them and shes sitting in the corner, i go to stroke her, shes run into the 'litter area' and is sitting making frightened grunts. she isnt afraid of me, she always grooms me and is such an attention seeker, she loves to play shes neva afraid of anyone

Did the Vet check her eyesight?

Janex

Can you feed them seperately? Like put Peanut in the run first or something? The reason I say this is Poppy goes through phases like that, she is the dominant bunny but Gus gets very possesive over food, if he has been chasing her she will run and hide when I rattle the food bag and give a little grunt :cry: When this happens I usually feed Poppy in the hallway and Gus and Sweetpea in the room...he never chases Sweetpea. Poppy was very very hormonal before being spayed!

Has anything changed to make different smells etc. When did you start doing the boarding?

Has anything changed to make different smells etc. When did you start doing the boarding?
before she was even spayed, bonded with peanut. its never bothered her. domino used 2 get freaked out by new smells but not jelly. been doing boarding a year

Hmmmm I've no clue on what could be causing it but sendinvibes to little Jelly. I hope its something she comes out o on her own or you get to the bottom of it, poor little love. It must be quite upsetting for you to see her not her usual self but to not know why :(

went to see her this morning and shes curled up with peanut, looks happy, but i know she will act all funny later!

i am having exactly the same prob with my little man, Dude.
He's off to vets this week for them to check him so will let you know for ideas on what could be wrong. it's so worrying :cry::cry:

Back