• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dropped Rory :(

*Bex*

Mama Doe
:cry: I was carrying him from the run and he started wiggling really hard and somehow jumped out my arms right onto the grass :cry:
He didn't run off i think he was shocked so i grabbed him.
He seems ok he doesn't seem to hurt anywhere and he can still hop fine.
I hope i haven't hurt him :cry:

Awww, don't worry. Just keep an eye on him for the evening and if he hops fine and eats fine, I wouldn't worry too much. Good job grass is a soft landing ;)

It has happened to me before, scared the life out of me they can be wriggly little things. Try not to worry I am sure he is fine.
Sallyx

DOugal did a big wriggle when we were at the vet last, ran up my chest, flipped over my shoulder and went flying through the air onto the floor :shock:
I thought he'd be hurt for sure but he was fine :) THey are quite hardy critters.

Aww don't worry he'll be just fine, I've had them leap from my arms before and fall quite a distance to no ill effect, even little tiny oscar has had a huge leap before and he was fine.

A work colleague had a little lionhead spring from her shoulder and land from 6ft in the air onto a concrete floor:(
She had cut her mouth, and I was already there because I'd been told she wasn't eating.
Needless to say she was straight off to the vets, but luckily hadn't come to any harm from her fall apart from a small cut on her mouth.

She went on to have babies 8 days later. She only had two, and one of them was born dead, but mum is absolutely fine now, and in a new home with her daughter:D

I'm sure Rory will be fine as he had a softer landing and there is nothing obviously wrong that you can see. So long as he caries on as he normally does I wouldn't worry too much now.
They'll slippery little divils sometimes:roll:

He seems fine, hoppig fine eaating fine etc. I get so worreid about them though :oops:
He had a worse fall and was fine when he dived off vet table hit some drawers and then the floor :oops: :cry:
My poor boy

Sorry about spelling - drunk :oops:

I have near episode. So in cases like this, I always lower my knees in the event that happen, so if she wiggle her hands and feet and I can't hold her, she'll only 2 ft. from the ground, neat trick eh?

I should never come near computers whilst drunk :oops: (I wasnt drunkw hen i dropped him)

He is fine, just acting like his normal self :D I think it just shocked him a bit

Back