• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pregnant doe?

jonny320

New Kit
i got a pair of rabbits from a friend about 3 weeks ago they were kept in seperate cages up 2 i got them then i put them in together at which i realised they were male and female, they have been in with each other since, at the start the doe would not sit for the buck but now she sits for about 20 secs. Is she pregnant? the doe scraped piles of hay into lumps about a week ago and i was wondering if this was her trying to build a nest.? should i remove the buck?

She could very well be pregnant, it takes seconds :shock: I would seperate and take her to the vet, they might be able to tell you if she's pregnant or not!

:wave:im just trying to understand this so forgive me for all the question??!!:roll:

When u got them from ur frind had they been together or did ur frind think they were same sex?
I dont know what u mean about 'sitting' for the buck? Are u wanting the doe pregnant or is she neutered, just so we have a better pic so can give accuarte advice, i dont have any experince with pregnant does bt other ppl will have on here!?:D

:wave:im just trying to understand this so forgive me for all the question??!!:roll:

When u got them from ur frind had they been together or did ur frind think they were same sex?
I dont know what u mean about 'sitting' for the buck? Are u wanting the doe pregnant or is she neutered, just so we have a better pic so can give accuarte advice, i dont have any experince with pregnant does bt other ppl will have on here!?:D

when i got them from my friend they had been seperate and they thought they were both femlaes so we put them in2 one hutch, they then started doing it at the start but she was not having any of it, but now she 'sits' (lets the buck mount her for about 20 secs).

I'd take them to the vet to both be sexed. It could be that she is being dominated by the other one, but it is more likely that she is pregnant. If she is pregnant do you have the kind of set-up and money that you'll need? i.e. hutches for boys and then girls and then a spare one or two hutches incase they fight?

yea i have got the set up ready as i think she is pregnant, i checked myself and they are male and female, i was just wondering but would he still be doing it with her if she is already pregnant or if she is already pregnent why is she still letting him do it?

Back