• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They had a scuffle!!!

Hi,

I've been feeling rather stressed and worried today, because at 6.08 this morning Barley Sugar & Candy Flosss had a scuffle!! I was awake and with the window open could hear banging outside - looked out and saw Barley & Floss run out of the shed into the run - basically fighting - fur pulling rather than breaking the skin! I shouted at them from the window - Mum asked why I shouted and I was like "the rabbits are fightin". She was already up and downstairs and I quickly got myself down there and outside as well! By the time I got there they had stopped, but there was rather a lot fur in the shed :( I don't know if any of it was Barley's but certainly much of it was Floss's as she had some loose on her coat and in Barley's mouth. I watched them for a while and all was quiet. (Barley was rater exhausted I think!). Then Barley gave Floss a little groom of her back and Barley asked her for a head groom... but he didn't get one!

Unfortunatly I had to get up and on for work, but all reamained quiet out there, I watched them eat to ensure food didn't start anything and all was fine (Floss got the last pellet by the way).

I'm had two texts off of my mum during the say and she says all is quiet and she's spend more time outside than inside checking on them....

I really do hope that this is just a one off :| and things settle down again... I love seeing them together and I'm sure they have been getting just fine, I'm sure Barley's benefitted from the company (for one thing there hasn't been one bit of shed or run chewing since she arrived!) :(

Please send some marriange councilling this way!

Hannah

something in the air i think, alvin and pearl had a little argument this morning but seem fine now :?

Try not to worry Hannah, my two did exactly the same the other night in the pen. Connie was just playing but Dillon doesn't like being approached from behind because he is deaf and Connie thought it was a game. Connie chased Dillon round the pen about 10 times and Dillon was going mental, stamping his feet! She had a mouthful of his hair in her mouth too :shock: I clapped my hands but had to leave them to sort it out themselves.

Horrid though, I know how you feel!

Im sure its the time of year and the weather making them irritable. I've had a cow of a bonding this week....they were meant to be out of here by Weds but are still next to me now and they flit between grooming and nipping.

I've also had a couple of phone calls regarding rabbits fighting in the last couple of days.

A lot of my (spayed) Does are feeling very 'frisky' at the moment and some are trying to hump their Buckfriends :oops: :rolleyes: Mostly this hasn't caused a problem and the Bucks either move away or chase the Doe off and she scarpers. But with a couple there has been a bit of argy bargy when the Doe wont take 'not now dear, I have a headache' from the Buck and continues to try to mount him despite being chased away :rolleyes:

Janex

Thanks for you comments, I have to say I'm feeling a little more at ease from hearing that I'm not the only one! This is the first time I've had rabbits living together, perhaps it's just one of those things. Honestly Barley looked really quite tired afterwards - perhaps he'll realise it's not worth the energy next time? :lol:

Hannah

Interesting as Spike and Kiki have been scrapping since they returned home... I'm glad they have no front teeth otherwise I dread to think what damage might have occured.

Back