• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay game - does anyone else play this.

Deevee

Young Bun
I am interested to know if anyone elses rabbit does the following. All my rabbits have and it really astonishes me. (Please don't say I need to get out more)

I get a long bit of hay and hold it between my thumb and index finger and hold it in front of my rabbit. Everytime guaranteed they will bite right down to where the hay comes out from your fingers leaving about 1mm of hay and they never catch your fingers/skin with their teeth.

I am interested to know if anyone elses rabbit does the following. All my rabbits have and it really astonishes me. (Please don't say I need to get out more)

I get a long bit of hay and hold it between my thumb and index finger and hold it in front of my rabbit. Everytime guaranteed they will bite right down to where the hay comes out from your fingers leaving about 1mm of hay and they never catch your fingers/skin with their teeth.

Haven't noticed it but I'll look out for it. Min usually ignore any hay I'm holding and prefer to pick out their own bits.

Since Barney was ill last week I've taken to hand feeding mine again, Roxy always gets me! not on purpose, just over enthusiasm for food :lol: so no I will not be trying that game. I like my fingers too much

mine generally grab the piece of hay from me and throw it on the floor, as if to say I'm not eating anything you give me unless it's yummy!! Scrumpie's the worst with it, he has that look on his face like "don't bother me" :lol:

Back