• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternative cable cover idea

Hi :wave:

After my bun had found a way through all other cable covering methods (i have no idea how on some of them!), I decided to come up with a different approach. Its not the most visually pleasing but it really works for me!

I use pipe insulation (pre-slit): http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...20001&partNumber=699821&Trail=searchtext>PIPE

Its thicker than the clear flexible tubing and harder for bunny teeth to get a grip on! You can get the insulation with varying size internal diameter. I went for 15mm so that a couple of cables can be fed in the same tube (eg phoneline and plug for phone).

You can also cut it at angles to go round corners and use electrical tape for the very small gaps left by incisions. As I said it doesn't look great but it works! Mine is hidden by furniture so isn't too much of an eyesore.

Buster is waiting on his neutering op and even in his current 'teenage' state he hasn't managed to access any of the cables yet :)

Hope this helps someone!!!! Just thought i'd share

Buster&Anna

We use

We use the strong ribbed pond pump pipe from garden centers.

It comes in a variety of sizes, try 3/4 inch....what you have to do is with a very sharp pair of sissors is cut down the whole length through the reinforcing ribs and then force a spoon handle into one end of the cut Then wiggle it along its whole length pushing the cable in the gap behind the spoon as you go .

Complete the whole thing with a cable tie at each end and that should suffice.We have not had a single rabbit that has sucessfully managed to get through yet!:)

Hope this helps

Alan.

Back