• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So annoyed about new hutch :-(

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I ordered a 6 foot hutch and run combo off ebay, but they've sent a 4 foot hutch instead....argh! :evil:

The worst part is that I had to take the afternoon off work so that I could be at home to receive the delivery, and it looks like I'll have to take another 2 days off to wait in for the wrong hutch to be picked up, and a new one delivered...I can't stand to think I'm gonna use all my annual leave waiting around for bloomin' rabbit hutches :(

I recently bought a hutch off ebay, when it arrived two panels were damaged and I emailed them for a replacement, the guy phoned and asked me to take photos and email them to him, which I did, 4 weeks later I was still chasing the panels. In the end I had to escalate a claim through paypal, then the guy decided to ring me again, and low and behold the replacements came the next day. Overall Ive very happy with the hutch itself, but their customer service was well none existent.

I haven't heard anything from the hutch company yet...despite leaving phone a phone message and emails :(

I really hope that it's just that they don't work Fridays or something, and not that they're avoiding me :(

I haven't heard anything from the hutch company yet...despite leaving phone a phone message and emails :(

I really hope that it's just that they don't work Fridays or something, and not that they're avoiding me :(
I'd be inclined to email again and state that I would rather give them the chance the rectify the problem before leaving feedback ('cos you know how awful negative feedback is)..

Good luck

I had that when I ordered the Palace (sorry, it is pretty much a palace!) the run bit was very poorly made, and the roof was missing...loads of phone calls later my nice new hutch arrived

Was it from a company who's name is two words both beginning with an 'H'? ;) Just wondering because I ordered two runs from them this week and they've sent me a 6' one instead of a 7' one. Going to ask for the difference back because it doesn't matter so much with a run as a hutch.

Oh no! How annoying. I have just ordered mine. I hope I get the right size. Will have to make sure I check that out.

Was it from a company who's name is two words both beginning with an 'H'? ;) Just wondering because I ordered two runs from them this week and they've sent me a 6' one instead of a 7' one. Going to ask for the difference back because it doesn't matter so much with a run as a hutch.

No...it was from The Rabbit Hutch Company...the guys that do the other 6ft combo.

They have finally emailed me, and said they will send out a replacement and collect the wrong item at the same time.

TBH I'm not v. impressed at the quality of the 4ft model. The wood is quite strong, but the hutch door has quite a large hole in the door where a knot is, and the roof felt is in 2 pieces and is stapled together.

I'm a bit nervous about what the 6ft one is like now :(

Back