• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who keeps flemish?

Browner93

New Kit
Who on hear keeps flemish giants and what size cages/rooms/giant hutches do you keep them in and any pics of the housing and bunni?

Thanks
Josh:D

maeblegetinbatternewrun019.jpg

This is pepper shes 12 weeks old.

marbleandpoppybonding011.jpg

The hutch

marbleandpoppybonding013.jpg

The hutch doors are open for at least 12 hours a day.

not exacly a flemish... but same size!!
(contis)

we had a small alley on the side of our house, and the fence, so we decided to put the buns here! its got a door, and i dont THINK foxes can get in so its pretty secure. they have 24 hour acsess to this, the hutch it always open for them, but i think its too small for them! (4.5ft x 2ft!! :oops:) they dont sleep in it, they use it to poo!!. they mostly sleep on the ground of their...... enclosure! :D all together its about 14ftX3ft!!!!
fngfjft.jpg

and they have all daylight free range acsess to the garden :D
fdhdjdjj.jpg

ghgvh-1.jpg

frfjdfjhj-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,I have one flemish and four contis.They have free range to a big garden all day.Ive just moved them outside at night because the weather has got so hot.They have twelve foot runs with a three foot nest box chained to the run.In the winter three live in a double garage and the other two live in a 20x20ft utility room at night.

we had a small alley on the side of our house, and the fence, so we decided to put the buns here! its got a door, and i dont THINK foxes can get in so its pretty secure.

a fox can jump over 6ft from a stand-still... then factor in what good climbers they are :? I'd secure a roll of mesh over their run if i were you :)

I don't have a flemish, but a pair of conti giants who live in a 10' x 6' shed with a run, but they hae lots of free time in the garden too whilst I'm home.

The bigger the accommodation the better, as they need to be able to run and jump and stretch.
My Hera is nearly 4ft long when she's in full stretch.

2007_0419Image0054.jpg

2003_0115Image0069.jpg

BB Mommy, I was just thinking your set up doesn't look that big, then I thought again how big conti are and then thought how huge their home is! :lol:

I would be putting some mesh over the top as i too have seen a fox clear a six foot fence from standing.

I have seen this too, but as the average Conti is as big as a fox and can probably gut it with a kick my money would be on the rabbit! :lol:
Mesh would deter thieves too though.

I have a Flemish, but I have her in the house with a Frenchie.

With her husbun Nigel
DSCN1206.jpg

Under our bed with her toys
bed2.jpg

THeir feeding/toilet area under the stairs
litter.jpg

My friends conti (fullgrown ) was taken by a fox right in front of her. The fox jumped over the fence grabbed bunny and jumpped back over the fence. they gave chase, fox dropped bunnie but it died of shock.:cry::cry:

Better to be safe than sorry

Never be under the illusion your bunny won't be taken by a fox....Foxes will take lambs..so a large rabbit won't deter it..
better to be safe than the rabbits paying the price:cry:

a fox can jump over 6ft from a stand-still... then factor in what good climbers they are :? I'd secure a roll of mesh over their run if i were you :)

its got corugated plastic on top, for the rain to slide over the fence!! it just dosnt show on the picture, becuase of the light
i live on those new housing estates, so i doubt theres foxes here?

Back