• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a spayed doe

Barnie has Just lost Bonnie his first love so we r lookin for a replacement.:(
Looking for a youngish, smallish doe preferably an english wi tan markings would be perfect. I know we cant replace her but its worth a try so will consider anything. Live in Doncaster. She needs to be spayed because Bonnie was spayed and died 12 days later! no known cause but suspect its something todo wi it and cant go through it again as we r all shocked and heartbroken she was only 8 months old and dearly loved ,mostly by our german shepherd! well Mostly by Barnie 2 who is keepin a low profile.

Try looking in the rehome or the rabbits in need part of this site? There are loads in rescues, probably one near you.
A bunny run can be organised if you find the perfect bunny and it's far away from you too. :)

Try looking in the rehome or the rabbits in need part of this site? There are loads in rescues, probably one near you.
A bunny run can be organised if you find the perfect bunny and it's far away from you too. :)

Hi thnx 4 reply, we saw a nice bunny in Cambridge but the blue cross who had her wouldn't entertain it. obviously because of distance! Even though i said my vet would give me an excellent reference:(. What is a bunny run? as i have never heard of the expression! Cheers Claire:wave:

Hi thnx 4 reply, we saw a nice bunny in Cambridge but the blue cross who had her wouldn't entertain it. obviously because of distance! Even though i said my vet would give me an excellent reference:(. What is a bunny run? as i have never heard of the expression! Cheers Claire:wave:

it's when people form a chain to get one rabbit from one place to another if it's a long distance, everyone chips in and drives so far, then passes the bun on. it happens alot here, everyone's very willing to help.

have you had a look through the rehoming sections?

So sorry for your loss I know how your feeling I once had a bunny that eletricted herself and went blind, broke her leg and came through the spay and then got an infection fron the spay and died and few days after I was heart broken after all the other things she came through to die from somthing so simple. I am the same as you I am looking for two spade females as I don't ever want to go through that again. Good luck I hope you find a girly soon. sending hugs at this hard time:cry:

Spayed Doe

Hi there I've just registered and found you are looking for a spayed doe, I have the very lovely Misty although she is 3yrs, she is in desperate need of attention hether that be another rabbit or of the humna kind, I will not be able to look after her once I start my new job on board a cruise ship, I do not want to let her go but have no choice and as you are in Doncaster, I am in Rotherham so hopefully we can do each other a favour. Anyway, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I look forward to your reply.

Michelle Leverick
07774937241:wave:

Thankyou very much for your reply. After trying to adopt one and things goin wrong time after time i ended up getting a baby bunny 8 weeks old. \unfortunately Barnie doesn't like her and everytime i try to bond her he attacks her. She now has a wound and i feel sick and heartbroken. Do i take her back? Any advice would be welcome. Promise is gourgeous but these rescue places r hard work and don't want to know.

Thankyou very much for your reply. After trying to adopt one and things goin wrong time after time i ended up getting a baby bunny 8 weeks old. \unfortunately Barnie doesn't like her and everytime i try to bond her he attacks her. She now has a wound and i feel sick and heartbroken. Do i take her back? Any advice would be welcome. Promise is gourgeous but these rescue places r hard work and don't want to know.

You need the new doe to be spayed (at 5/6 months) before you can bond them. After that you need to introduce them on neutral territory and see what happens...

So sorry for your loss I know how your feeling I once had a bunny that eletricted herself and went blind, broke her leg and came through the spay and then got an infection fron the spay and died and few days after I was heart broken after all the other things she came through to die from somthing so simple. I am the same as you I am looking for two spade females as I don't ever want to go through that again. Good luck I hope you find a girly soon. sending hugs at this hard time:cry:

Thanks for your reply. Things gone from bad to worse! Ended up with 8 wk baby bunny but barnie keeps attacking her. Havin to keep them apart and looking for advice as she may haveto go. Cant have two single rabbits in my sitch long story x

You need the new doe to be spayed (at 5/6 months) before you can bond them. After that you need to introduce them on neutral territory and see what happens...

THANKS FOR REPLY BUT BONNIE WAS ONLY 10 WEEKS OLD AND THEY GOT ON STRAIGHT AWAY AND HAD HER SPAYED AT 8 MONTHS. IF I KEEP THIS ONE IT IS A BIG RISK AND THEY WILL BOTH STILL BE SINGLE AND LONELY. hOWEVER THEY DID MEET ON NEUTRAL TERRITORY.

THANKS FOR REPLY BUT BONNIE WAS ONLY 10 WEEKS OLD AND THEY GOT ON STRAIGHT AWAY AND HAD HER SPAYED AT 8 MONTHS. IF I KEEP THIS ONE IT IS A BIG RISK AND THEY WILL BOTH STILL BE SINGLE AND LONELY. hOWEVER THEY DID MEET ON NEUTRAL TERRITORY.

With any two single rabbits there is a "big risk" they wouldn't bond - it is a risk any of us take with single buns. I've just recently taken a big risk bonding my three; I could have ended up with three separate rabbits, but thankfully I didn't.

Also, like people, rabbits are different. The buck may still be grieving & not want a "replacement", or even a new friend; or it may take many meeting to get them to the stage where they will tolerate each other rather than fighting.

Bonding isn't an exact science - I'm surprised my methods worked twice, let alone once!

Young rabbits can be bonded at a young age before hormones kick in, however to maintain a happy relationship or to maintain the chanse of their relationship lasting it is better that they are neutered. Neutering also protects male rabbits from testicular cancer and females from uterine cancer.

A couple of questions:

Are you 100% certain that this newcomer is a female and not a male.

Are you experienced at bonding rabbits? Have you followed the normal rules of bonding? ..... totally neutral territory .... confinded space ......

Thanks for your reply. Things gone from bad to worse! Ended up with 8 wk baby bunny but barnie keeps attacking her. Havin to keep them apart and looking for advice as she may haveto go. Cant have two single rabbits in my sitch long story x

but then i do let my heart rule my head and will keep her whatever happens . i am too attached to send her back now.

Young rabbits can be bonded at a young age before hormones kick in, however to maintain a happy relationship or to maintain the chanse of their relationship lasting it is better that they are neutered. Neutering also protects male rabbits from testicular cancer and females from uterine cancer.

A couple of questions:

Are you 100% certain that this newcomer is a female and not a male.

Are you experienced at bonding rabbits? Have you followed the normal rules of bonding? ..... totally neutral territory .... confinded space ......

Not 100% sure that it is female! and not experiencedenough at bonding but have learned alot in theory. Now it's just putting it into practiceI! Thanks for taking the time to reply very much appreciated.:D

Hi there I've just registered and found you are looking for a spayed doe, I have the very lovely Misty although she is 3yrs, she is in desperate need of attention hether that be another rabbit or of the humna kind, I will not be able to look after her once I start my new job on board a cruise ship, I do not want to let her go but have no choice and as you are in Doncaster, I am in Rotherham so hopefully we can do each other a favour. Anyway, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I look forward to your reply.

Michelle Leverick
07774937241:wave:

hi there michelle further from our telephone chat the other day i have decided to keep baby come rain or shine! Hope u find a solution for Misty. All the best Claire
Ps Thanks for listening!

Back