• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peppers sister is in Pets at Home.

xShellx

Alpha Buck
The 12 week olf Flemish Giant doe in the pets at home Norwich store is Peppers sister! Wanted to buy her but shes £129

Its mad, the Breeder I got pepper from charged me £30. So P@H are making a crazy profit. Hope she fines a new home soon.

Because the breader only had 1 litter of flemish giants which where identical. And he was saying his main customer was pets at home.

The Rabbit looked exactly the same as my Pepper and I spoke to the staff and they said she was 12 weeks old and came in yesterday from the breeder. (I got pepper 4 weeks ago and he was 8 weeks old). Its deff one from the same litter as Pepper. I tried to get a photo on my phone but she was hiding at the back.

Oh dear :( Breeders that sell their "stock" to petshops don't rate very highly in my book :(

And although I am against the animal market like that at pets at home I believe they are at least doing the right in pricing them at this type of level :)

I do hope shes not in pah for too long. I said this to the girl on the checkout, She said that sometimes they are there for a while as they are quite strict on the homes giants go to. I thinks its the price!

I do hope shes not in pah for too long. I said this to the girl on the checkout, She said that sometimes they are there for a while as they are quite strict on the homes giants go to. I thinks its the price!

I think they're priced right (actually, I don't think they should be there at all but that's not the point right now).

Selling them for less - say £10 or so more than the "normal" bunnies makes them very accessible - and people would probably skimp on housing etc.

People need to understand that a giant can't go in a regular hutch, they need more space than that - pricing them that high makes them more of a Bently than a Ford, you know what you're getting, you know it's worth it and you want it, not need it.

IShe said that sometimes they are there for a while as they are quite strict on the homes giants go to.

Well at least that's positive :) too many petshops just let you walk away with a little soul without even a question as to how you are going to keep it :cry:

p @ h sell the giants as house bunnys. I would have have mine inside if I had the space. Im only in a 2 bed flat. I have huge garden though!

I think selling them at that price is the next best thing to not selling them at all :) People arent so quick to give in to a child or buy a bunny on impulse when they are looking at £130.

There are enough problems with regular and even smaller breeds of buns being kept in unsuitable housing, the same would happen with giants if they were easy enough for just anyone to buy :( At least with this price people have to at least think :?

Back