• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorrell's next.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well Sorrell is the next for spaying tomorrow. 2 down, 3 to go!
I've put on the notes she is a very nervous bun and may jump. She came from a junkie (bought at P@H), she was then "rescued" by someone who couldn't afford a cage, and had lots of friends with staffies coming to visit. He decided to rehomed her after she fell off a window sill and broke a foreleg!

I am actually more worried about her, than I was about Jessica, even thought she is half Jessica's age (she's 2, Jessica's 4). She's so nervous, I'm worried she'll go off her food, so I've decided to ask for metochlopramide injections to take away with me, regardless.

Hopefully after she has recovered we will bond her with Runt and she will maybe settle down a bit.

Well, Sorrell has had her op and is fine, she apparently woke up very quickly.
She's had a rimadyl injection which should last longer than metacam and the vet is going to set aside metochlorimide injections incase she doesn't eat over the weekend.
I did have a smile to myself though, I told them she was very jumpy, so they sedated her on the floor! :lol:

Sorrell came home yesterday very awake. She ate a few dandilion leaves when she first got home, but nothing since, and no poos. I've just given her a metochloprimide injection, some fibreplex and put some biolapis in her water. I've now left her ( she's so nervy she won't eat while I'm there), is there anything else I can do. She seems to be drinking plenty and has pain relief, so I'm thinking its just a matter of time.

Well Sorrell is still not eating much, but we do have some poos. The vet said the rimadyl (painkiller) would last until today, should I get her another injection today, or should I leave it now as she has eaten a bit and done the toilet. Any ideas?

Back