• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bonding Of The Five !!!!!

March Hare

Warren Veteran
I have been toying with the idea for a while now of bonding my Lops together into a group. I have 5 Lops (not counting housebun Rosie!) - 2 pairs, and one single. I have been setting up this past week to do it, and started in 3 days ago. I was rather nervous about it, as I had a really bad bonding experience where one of my buns got seriously hurt a few years ago, and have been very reluctant about doing it ever since! I have proceeded with caution, as I have 3 boys and 2 girls.....so I feared it might either be a difficult bonding, or might not happen at ALL. The first day was rather traumatic for me....there was a LOT of fur flying, though no real injury. Herbie caught a toenail in the ear during a scuffle and lost a couple drops of blood, but I cleaned it and found it was VERY tiny. There were some pretty major scuffles going on that first day, but I decided to perservere. Day two was much quieter.....still a few little skirmishes, but also a substantial amount of sitting together and quiet time. Today was day 3.........and WHAT an improvement!!!!!:D I think that things are looking REALLY promising now.....here is what is going on today!!!!! :D :D Happy, happy, happy!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Abonding4.jpg

Abonding12.jpg

Abonding17.jpg

Abonding18.jpg

Aww that looks good!
Well done bunnies, keep it up!
My bonding of two starts this weekend - I AM SCARED! lol
xx

Awww, those pics are so sweet. I hope it continues to go well they look like a good group :D

as long as you do it on neutral ground it will be fine,we have never had a problem bonding groups.we have mixed breeds,sizes,babies and adults all in a group now.we neuter the males and do a doe at a time when money allows!!

All 5 of these buns have been neutered for quite some time, so I think that has helped immensely! I wouldn't even have ATTEMPTED a bond if even 1 of them was not spayed/neutered!!! :shock:

I spy a Dottie (or is it Lottie?) I remember when she had babies last summer. Bless her heart she looks very happy :D
Is that why your after Maggie?! A little lop to go in with the wonderful 5 you have there? :lol: BTW her ear lopped last night :love::love::love:

I have just bonded another one to my group of four, only another two to mix now when Monty is better!

I just let them have the run of the whole garden and the seperate them at night for the first week after that they all seem to have sorted themselves out

I am totally in awe (and in love!)

Please tell me how you dealt with the first night with them together. Did you leave them all in together and watch them all the time? Did you just trust to luck?

I have spent 3 nights last week whilst bonding two separate pairs as I couldn't trust that nothing would kick off overnight (as is my previous experience).

My OH and I would love it if we could bond some of our pairs together. (We now have 6 pairs) but I don't really want to risk breaking up a pair if it ruins that relationship.

I think it's wonderful what you have achieved! :D

Back