• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

Chai Tea

New Kit
I feel really, really bad about this, but I don't think my bun's getting enough attention. We made her a nice BIG hutch outside. Because it wasn't working for us to keep her in the house, and we also thought she would benifit from the fresh air, as she loves the outdoors. But I feel really, really bad when a day go's by without her usual walks. I feel for her when it's thunder storming outside, and she's by her self in there. I think she's lonely, and must be very bored. I've since read about the commitment of taking care of a rabbit, and I have to admit, it's more than I expected. And I just don't think we've bonded properly. I'd feel alot better if she was just free-ranging the house, and was playing about around here, but sadly, we have a cat who takes pleasure in attacking her, and I have a family who really dosn't like the thought of her having accidents in the house. We're going to make her a great big run, so hopefully that will help with the free-ranging part. But I want her to have some more company, I'd love to get her a rabbit friend, but I don't think it's fair to have one rabbit that's not getting enough attention, let alone two.

Anyway, what do you think I should do? Do you think rehoming is the best option, or do you think she'll be fine alone with a nice big run? I will try and get her out as often as possible, but I have this funny feeling she really dosn't enjoy being taken out. She's always biting me, and making this grunting sound when I put my hand in the cage.

Last edited:
But I want her to have some more company, I'd love to get her a rabbit friend, but I don't think it's fair to have one rabbit that's not getting enough attention, let alone two.

Bunnies with company of their own kind don't need as much attention - she'd be much happier with a friend.

hmmmmm, you think so? I was just wondering if it would be fair to bring two rabbits into it, when one wasn't getting enough attention. But I suppose that's true, two rabbits won't need as much attention.......... and I guess that with a big hutch wouldn't be all that bad. Well... I'll talk to the family.

I'm no expert but my bun is an "only" :lol: and he has a half hour in his run in the morning before I go to work and then he has to be shut in his hutch then I let him have 1 - 2 hours in his run in the evening. I have a run at the moment with no top to it and it is made of wire panels and stakes to keep it up - no wood. So I have to take a chair into the pen and watch him all the time he is there. It has bonded us very closely! He loves me and is very inquisitive. (Though I think he'd escape if he could! :lol: ) He is 11 weeks old and I think the more time you can spend with her the friendlier she'll be. Good luck!

Back