• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vanessa got a bird!

Vanessa-nessa

Young Bun
Today, my friend and I were sitting in the garden, Vanessa was out in her run, kids were messing about. Then my friend notices next door's cat chasing (what she thought was) a ball up towards my garden. I realised it was a baby bird, and shoo'd the cat away.

The bird hopped/fluttered into my garden, and then squeezed into Nessa's run. And Nessa pounced on it - like a cat. Cue friend and I screaming manicly, and I managed to get her off the bird, which quickly fluttered back out of the run (didnt have as much difficulty getting out as getting in).

Another neighbour took the bird away and released it "safely" (though I bet another cat has got it by now).

Anyone else got a bird pouncing rabbit? This seemed really strange to me - but I suppose she may have thought it was a toy?

I've heard of them killing mice that come in their territory - I guess it's the same for birdies :shock:

Scary to watch!
Then my friend says "well, she was going for you a couple of weeks ago, why are you so surprised!?" She also pointed out that people step on spiders if they dont like them; maybe rabbits dont like baby birds.

Back