• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns Don't Eat the Grass

gillmanning

Alpha Buck
Hi I've just put my two bunnies out on the grass for the first time yesterday ~ they are in runs. They run around a bit but don't really seem to enjoy it as much as I thought they would. They don't even seem to eat the grass. As they are supposed to continually eat, I put some straw out too (they also have a bowl of water). For the last month they have been running round the lounge and dining room which they seem to enjoy, but as they get bigger (they are dwarfs) I'm finding it more and more difficult to 'bunny proof' the place (we have a lot of wires - some of which have alreay been chewed). I know its very hot at the moment - but is it normal that they don't eat the grass? They also don't eat carrots ~ are they 'normal' rabbits. Thanks.

One thing I have learned is there is no such thing as a "normal" rabbit :rolleyes:

It could be they feel a bit insecure in the run if it's their first time out, My buns won't eat unless they feel safe. Just give them some time. Do they eat much hay?

Hi I've just put my two bunnies out on the grass for the first time yesterday ~ they are in runs. They run around a bit but don't really seem to enjoy it as much as I thought they would. They don't even seem to eat the grass. As they are supposed to continually eat, I put some straw out too (they also have a bowl of water). For the last month they have been running round the lounge and dining room which they seem to enjoy, but as they get bigger (they are dwarfs) I'm finding it more and more difficult to 'bunny proof' the place (we have a lot of wires - some of which have alreay been chewed). I know its very hot at the moment - but is it normal that they don't eat the grass? They also don't eat carrots ~ are they 'normal' rabbits. Thanks.

Mine prefer to sit in the house part lol!
Little *******!

Guniea pigs are a different story though!
x

Back