• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny attack 2.30 a.m.

JayUK

Mama Doe
Honestly, it can be like having kids (from what other people tell me :))
Bertie has our spare room at the bottom of the corridor, he has free run of it, and night we don't shut the door, cos he always settles down to sleep when we do, and doesn't get up until we do, so there's no need, and it's been like that for months.

So why, this morning, at 2.30 a.m. did we have a bunny leaping on our bed? :shock: I was soooo asleep, that i woke up with a fright, thought we were being burgled, in my awakening state, and shouted something obscene, before realising what was going on.

Bertie got scared of me (it was dark ;)) and then legged it out onto the balcony (door was open cos it was so warm) into his little summer house hutch, and refused to come out :roll:

So, 2.35, I'm outside, in the nud trying to coax a bunny that I can't see back indoors :rolleyes: Eventually got him back indoors, in his room, and then cos I was so awake and OH had gone back to sleep, I thought it best to stay down there with him, which is probably what he wanted all along...manipulative..... you betcha :lol:

I've had many "bunny on the head" moments... although why she always chooses to jump on my face I have no idea!

:lol::lol::lol:Awww bless.
Thats so funny.Bet you didn,t think so at the time though:lol:

Weird, a similar thing happened to me this morning. Colin the cat always sleeps right up next to me on the bed and this morning I was woken up by Nigel bouncing up and down on him trying to get him to play. :roll:
Gladys was obviously not being any fun so he'd come to find his other friend at some absurd time of the morning!
YOu always wake up in complete shock having some 6kg of bunny leaping about on your chest while the cat bats at his ears! :lol:

your lucky you dont have a pet with obsessive compulsive disorder when theyre sleeping in your room :censored:

:lol::lol:

Weird, a similar thing happened to me this morning. Colin the cat always sleeps right up next to me on the bed and this morning I was woken up by Nigel bouncing up and down on him trying to get him to play. :roll:
Gladys was obviously not being any fun so he'd come to find his other friend at some absurd time of the morning!
YOu always wake up in complete shock having some 6kg of bunny leaping about on your chest while the cat bats at his ears! :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: Must have been something in the air :)

your lucky you dont have a pet with obsessive compulsive disorder when theyre sleeping in your room :censored:

Is your bunny a repetative cleaning OCD, everything in a order OCD or a checking everything one? ;)
I'm intrigued, how does it express it's OCD qualities?

Is your bunny a repetative cleaning OCD, everything in a order OCD or a checking everything one? ;)
I'm intrigued, how does it express it's OCD qualities?

it was an old guinea pig actually!
he shared my room with me when he broke his leg, so i could look after him,
and he wouldnt stop moving hay!!!! all night i could hear little movements in his cage and i didnt get any sleep :censored: this went on for a few days!!

and my axolotls are in my bedroom, and they ALWAYS move about and swim really vigourously, so they always bump into the stones and rocks, and it is soooo loud and splashy that my parents can hear it downstairs!!

and, the dog!!! :evil: dont get me started on him.
he cries every single morning at 5.30 to let him out of my bedroom
not only that, he gets up several times at night, and starts whining becuase he wants to be with my dad! (the dog loves him :roll:)

:lol:
We aren't allowed to shut our bedroom door because our cat scratches it to come in and out.

:lol: I'd have been terrified! The only 'bunny attack' I ever get is if Roxy can smell something nice n my plate. I have ended up with a bunny on my plate more than once :rolleyes:

Ah, well we were up at the same time as you guys then Jay, after my two new sleep over pals decided that the dark shadow moving on the bed was a big threat and they needed to warn me & Phil about it.

Phil was very unappreciative of their kind gesture and shouted unpleasentries at them and me while the poor dog (cause of all the aggro) had a panic attack and tried to hide under the duvet.

Thankfully his lordship is away for a bit now so hopefully they will be settled when he gets back.

OMG Jay I nearly had incontinence reading this, I was laughing so much. Bless Bertie. I really miss having animals in my room at night. That cats are up and down and on and off the bed all night and with 4 of them it leaves little room for us. Damien has a fit and says that isnt getting any sleep and now shuts them out of the room at night. I hate it and love it when he is away. They adore it too and know they can come and snuggle with mummy.

Ah, well we were up at the same time as you guys then Jay, after my two new sleep over pals decided that the dark shadow moving on the bed was a big threat and they needed to warn me & Phil about it.

Phil was very unappreciative of their kind gesture and shouted unpleasentries at them and me while the poor dog (cause of all the aggro) had a panic attack and tried to hide under the duvet.

Thankfully his lordship is away for a bit now so hopefully they will be settled when he gets back.

:lol::lol::lol: makes our little incident pale into insignificance :lol: I love the dog hiding under the duvet, bless :lol:
OMG Jay I nearly had incontinence reading this, I was laughing so much. Bless Bertie. I really miss having animals in my room at night. That cats are up and down and on and off the bed all night and with 4 of them it leaves little room for us. Damien has a fit and says that isnt getting any sleep and now shuts them out of the room at night. I hate it and love it when he is away. They adore it too and know they can come and snuggle with mummy.

If Paul didn't have Asthma I think Bertie would probably sleep in with us, it does seem odd having him in another room when there's no need to, and our guest room just looks an empty pet shop :lol:

And what are you all doing up so late :shock: :no::no::no:
I always miss out on the party :lol:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

I fell asleep after my night on the sofa often did when the buns were inside so they get to have the run of the house, i woke up almost winded one day to find joey using me as a launch pad doing circuits round the lounge as fast as possible jumping on me on the sofa and jumping as high as he can off me!!! :shock: i nearly fell off the sofa, thought i was being attacked!! :roll:

I fell asleep after my night on the sofa often did when the buns were inside so they get to have the run of the house, i woke up almost winded one day to find joey using me as a launch pad doing circuits round the lounge as fast as possible jumping on me on the sofa and jumping as high as he can off me!!! :shock: i nearly fell off the sofa, thought i was being attacked!! :roll:

It must Southampton buns then :lol: That would've scared the wotsits out of me :shock:

Thats funny

O/H has been awoken by a bunny jumping on his head at a similar time in the morning :lol:

Awwwwwwww! I think Bertie just wanted some extra cuddles from you :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What these buns will do, eh! :lol:

And what are you all doing up so late :shock: :no::no::no:
I always miss out on the party :lol:

I went to bed before she did for once :lol::lol::lol: but its my fault.....I couldn't bo bothered to text when I could MSN for free :lol::lol::lol:

Incidently....buns were quiet as mice last night, not one thump between them :)

Back