• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you bond in a hutch..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
...if its neutral grounds to both bunnies? Getting a new hutch you see for the new house!
Or is it best done in a run?!
Thanks xx

I think that if you took out the panel that divided the sleeping and day areas then it might be ok. If you left it in then it may cause territory issues or make it easier for one or the other of them to hide and cause the bonding to take longer.

I have found that bonding is easier in spaces where there is nowhere for either of them to hide, so they have no option but just to get on with it. :)

You should also keep an eye on them while they are in there so if there is a fight you can get in there and split them up quick.

I think that if you took out the panel that divided the sleeping and day areas then it might be ok. If you left it in then it may cause territory issues or make it easier for one or the other of them to hide and cause the bonding to take longer.

I have found that bonding is easier in spaces where there is nowhere for either of them to hide, so they have no option but just to get on with it. :)

You should also keep an eye on them while they are in there so if there is a fight you can get in there and split them up quick.

Thanks think i will do it in a run! So i can separate if fights begin!
May sound silly but is there a better time of day to bond!?
xx

Back