• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet City?!

I have no idea. He drove past it earlier & wants to go back tomorrow!
Im scared incase they sell pets lol
xx

As far as I'm aware, Pet City became Pets at Home - that was certainly the case in Milton Keynes where I live. The stores were virtually identical and sold almost all the same stock, including buns, piggies other small furries and fish. Never saw any kittens etc.

As far as I'm aware, Pet City became Pets at Home - that was certainly the case in Milton Keynes where I live. The stores were virtually identical and sold almost all the same stock, including buns, piggies other small furries and fish. Never saw any kittens etc.

Thanks! Im going tomorrow with the OH so will let you all know!

**will try my best not to come home with anything**

xx

Yeah, same here in Eastbourne! First it opened as Pet City.....then changed to PetSmart.....then changed AGAIN to Pets At Home. :roll:

No it's not. Pets at Home was founded in 1991 in Chester and was about at the same time as Pet smart, just not as big as they were only starting out. Pets at Home BOUGHT Pet smart as it was failing in the UK. It was Pet Smart that kept changing the name. Two completely different companies.

there is a Pet City in Leeds near the corn exchange. they are a typical pet shop in that they sell animals from small tanks and have small hutches for sale but the staff are friendy and willing to help and have always taken concerns I had, seriously. they are very knowledgable about fish but havent asked abotua nything else.

Update - Been!

Okk so i went today...

Its HUGE!!

Reasonable prices!

Although there biggest hutch is only 4ft!

Humm, they only had two rabbits which was good but not....

Lots of fish!!!!!

They had lots of birds & degu's!

Ermm two chinchillas, which were gorgeous but looked overweight

Lots of Guniea Pigss...Grrrr!

Snakes :shock: very big snakes! :shock:

They also had kittens...:censored: I fell in love with one..but dragged myself away.

The accomodation for the pets was the usual cages in pet stores, all very clean...none looked ill, which was nice..

Hum so yeah...although i dont think i will be going back i felt sorry for the kittens...

They needed some cooling system though it was very warm.

I woulnt say it was similar to p@h, all pet shops sell the same stuff lol

xx

Last edited:
are you even allowed to sell kittens in pet shops these days?!

I dont think you should be!!!!
But i see it a fair bit!
Its mean!!!!!
xx

One thing i did notice is that there wasnt any information available about the pets, for example chinchillas and the care they require, same for any animal really!
xx

Back