• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone elses rabbits to trusting?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
let Crystal and Misty free range in the garden this morning and next doors cat whos sat and terrorised the rabbits through the run before jumped into the garden i got up obviously to chase teh cat away but Misty started hopping over to the cat and started eating the grass infront of him the cat didnt do anything just looked at Misty as if to say 'are you stupid' and ran off. it worries me that if Misty ever escapes (hopefully he wont) and he comes face to face with a fox he might hop over to the fox rather then running away from it. could the fact my cats are friendly to teh rabbits be the reason for the rabbits being to trusting with other animals?

Completely! Dillon is way too trusting! For one, he is totally deaf so nothing spooks him e.g. dogs barking etc... He is a really confident bunny especially with our cats! I do love the fact that he is so laid back though. They were out in the garden last night and next doors dogs came out and barked! Connie freaked out and ran for cover whereas Dillon just carried on munching on the grass without a care in the world!

Yeah I think Faline is... she's the type who'd go 'hello nice snarly doggy, want to be my fwiend' and get eaten. I think most cats would be unnerved by the bunnies. Domestic rabbits are almost the same size as a cat.

My neighbour has just got a new dog that is a jack russell X.
Needless to say since he arrived I have increased the height of the fencing by another 3 ft (as it was wire fencing behind 4ft of conifers).

I haven't allowed any of them free range in the garden unless me and my dogs have been with them as I'm so paranoid.

However, yesterday Hera and Ra, my 2 giants were sat happily sniffing the dog nose to nose through the fencing:shock: They are twice as big as him, but they are obviously so used to the dogs they weren't fazed at all.

Yesterday was spent putting up screening on top of the wire fencing:roll:

We sometimes get the odd cat in our garden (well it's a normal cat not really odd!) and the bunnies will both run over the wire and stare at it. I think they are programmed to investigate something new. If the cat made a noise or a sudden movement, they would bolt.

Gloria especially it with the fat pigeons that you get in the garden. She will give them total evils and make them fly away, then she's all pleased with herself.

Rhia is a bully with other animals! Venny is like 10 X her size, and although they get on really well she does sometimes get a firm talking to if shes mean to him :rolleyes: A couple of months ago a big bird came & landed on the lawn and she charged at it :oops::lol:

Back