• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bales of hay - Essex U/D need new plan :(

Siona

Mama Doe
My local place appears to have run out of bales :roll: THey say it's the wrong time of the year, so I'm back to silly bags that last 5 minutes. Does anyone know of anywhere in North Essex that I can get a bale of decent quality?

Last edited:
My local place appears to have run out of bales :roll: THey say it's the wrong time of the year, so I'm back to silly bags that last 5 minutes. Does anyone know of anywhere in North Essex that I can get a bale of decent quality?

I get big bales from a woman in walthamstow if that helps?
They are about 3.5ft long and she charges £7

Ooh maybe, whereabouts is the one is Chelmsford? I'm in Braintree, and I usually use Upsons in Hatfeild Peveral but they say they havent got any and its the wrong time of year?

Ooh maybe, whereabouts is the one is Chelmsford? I'm in Braintree, and I usually use Upsons in Hatfeild Peveral but they say they havent got any and its the wrong time of year?

i know where u can get some! i get my bales from this guy who delvers to me aswell! im in great totham so not far from you!

Thanks! And its free delivery? Thats brilliant! :D

it is free and its ace but he delivers it when he is doing other orders along this way otherwise it isnt worth it petrol wise etc, like he will always bring mine on a friday 4 example! The buns like his hay , very munchable lol!

but if ur not going to be in u can pay by card over the phone and they he will leave it 4 u. we have one of those big skip bags and he puts it in those! :D

Cool! I've had a good look and they do some good stuff. Ever used Hemcore? THey don't sell Megazorb there but Hemcore looks just as good from what I've read.

Cool! I've had a good look and they do some good stuff. Ever used Hemcore? THey don't sell Megazorb there but Hemcore looks just as good from what I've read.

never heard of it, want to stop usuing shavings but everything else is just so expensive...?

I have carpet tiles in my hutch :) dead cheap each, easy to clean cos you can sweep them or sponge clean if they wee'd on and you can easily see if there are bugs and nasties in there.
I dont use shavings at all now. I use megazorb and hay in their litter trays so that is really all i have to clean out apart from giving the run a good sweep.
An 85l bag of Megazorb is about £5 and lasts ages, so I'm hoping that the hemcore will be the same. It's got citronella in it to keep flies out too.

That place won't deliver to me :( THey say I'm too far away and that I need at least a £50 order :(

what the place i suggested? i need some more hay and if u need some i can get one delivered here maybe and u collect if u can?? xxx

what the place i suggested? i need some more hay and if u need some i can get one delivered here maybe and u collect if u can?? xxx

That sounds cool. :) I've contacted another place today and left a message so I'll see if they get back to me. Hopefully they will because they sell 10kg bags of excell too.

That sounds cool. :) I've contacted another place today and left a message so I'll see if they get back to me. Hopefully they will because they sell 10kg bags of excell too.

well i justr checked my hay and ill need a new bale next friday time... if u can get a few bags or something 2 last u and then i can order u a bale (or two!) if u want? i dont mind! seems silly that ur only just too far!

only thing is i break mine up into bags when i get it so would have 2 be collected the day its delivered cus ilhave nowhere to put it lol!!! but if u wanna do that im more than happy 2 order some

Last edited:
well i justr checked my hay and ill need a new bale next friday time... if u can get a few bags or something 2 last u and then i can order u a bale (or two!) if u want? i dont mind! seems silly that ur only just too far!

only thing is i break mine up into bags when i get it so would have 2 be collected the day its delivered cus ilhave nowhere to put it lol!!! but if u wanna do that im more than happy 2 order some

Aww thankyou :)

I'll see if these other people get back to me soon, if not then I think that'll be a good idea :)

found any hay yet? im ordering mine wednesday, so shud be here friday but il find out when i call him. if u need any let me know x

Back