• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really morbid query but one that worries me...

Mia

Warren Scout
Hi Guys

I have a really morbid query but its something that gets to me every now and again. Do you ever worry about something happening to you (bunny mummy) and their bunny daddy (husband, partner whatever tickles your fancy) and then no one being there for your bunny bees?

I worry about it a fair amount. I am always saying to my partner "if ever I am not around then Miffy likes...or Snuffy has to have.... or Scampi is....." Can you imagine if they were packed off somewhere where everything was different and they did not have lots of lovely play time any more or delicious but nutritious food?

I dont expect myself to leave this earth anytime soon (or at least I dont plan to!!) but it does worry me as I am so so worried that their foster carers or new parents would not love them and treat them the same way i do. As we all know our Bunnies do so love routine, and even if they went into a loving home it would be so so confusing..

I know there are lots of FANTASTIC foster mummies on this site, but the change in routine would be enough to make them poorly.

Is anyone else a ridiculous worrier like me? Or am I just being particularily strange today. :oops::roll:

really I have no family or friends, so it just doesn't bear thinking about - so I just don't think about it - if it happens it happens - you have to hope for the best in life or you'll worry yourself to death :)

is a good point - i guess we should all try and make provision for someone to be there for them if anything happens - and know stuff like they like eating this but hate this and this is their favorite toy etc.

I know exactly what you mean.... My other half isn't interested in buns either so it makes it worrying for me if something happened to me. Especially in light of losing Cannonwoman.. it really makes it hit home :(

really I have no family or friends, so it just doesn't bear thinking about - so I just don't think about it - if it happens it happens - you have to hope for the best in life or you'll worry yourself to death :)

Elve you rock ! you know that?! x

I agree. Unfortunately that doesn't stop me worrying about anything and everything :lol:.

Not morbid, just being realistic. I know my hubbie wouldn't want to keep the bunnies, he has nothing to do with them now other than giggling at them binkying round the garden. If something happened to me and not him, I know he would take them back to Jill's to be rehomed :cry: but I guess I should tell my parents in case something happens to the both of us.

May sound a bit silly but there is nothing wrong with adding details to your will if you have one?

I have had the same thoughts on occasion.

I did something practical and made a laminated card with details of bank accounts/pensions/etc. I also have records of which bunny is which and what they have to eat etc together with a photo.

Hopefully this would mean that anyone having to come in and sort out our stuff wouldn't have to worry about missing something hidden away in a drawer etc. I also have a nominated bunny friend who would take care (even if it were temporarily) of the buns.

I always think that doing something practical helps to sort out the emotional stuff.:D

I had this discussion with my ex husband the other day. He loves the bunnies and has been coming to help me build their playhouse which they have just moved into. He lives in a flat and would be unable to have the bunnies so I have told him that I will stick a piece of paper on the inside of one of the kitchen cupboards with Jill's contact number on incase anything was to happen to me as 3 of my 4 buns came from her. :)

It worries me ALL the time, I hate it.
It hate leaving the house to be truthful, but I have to else I'd be inside forever!

The thought of my furbabies ending up in a rescue breaks my heart

H xx

I try not to think about it but after Su (cannonwoman) passing away it really does hit home and as made me think about what would happen to my bunnies.
I am still thinking too:).

Yes I've thought about it and even told people that they should ask Chloe to look after them.... can't remember if I have asked Chloe though :lol::lol::rolleyes:

i dont worry about the rabbits cus pearl belongs to hopper haven ultimately so she would be returned to there hopefully with alvin too..

ralph would be snapped up be some family member, probably stes family cus hes stes dog...

i really worry about the chippies tho... i dont know anyone who would take them :cry::cry:

Yes I've thought about it and even told people that they should ask Chloe to look after them.... can't remember if I have asked Chloe though :lol::lol::rolleyes:

can I have bungle? I too suggested chloe to toby if he didn't want to keep them but I don't think that Rosie would make a good fat fluff so I think she would have to be rehomed.

can I have bungle? I too suggested chloe to toby if he didn't want to keep them but I don't think that Rosie would make a good fat fluff so I think she would have to be rehomed.

Bungle comes with Nush ..... :wave:

I'll have Rosie :D

Bungle comes with Nush ..... :wave:

I'll have Rosie :D

Ok I'll have nush too.....honey will soon put her in her place.....

You could probably throw rosie in with nush and bungle.....nush will never catch her and humping bungle doesn't stand a chance against my speeding little madam.

Ok I'll have nush too.....honey will soon put her in her place.....

You could probably throw rosie in with nush and bungle.....nush will never catch her and humping bungle doesn't stand a chance against my speeding little madam.

Sorted :thumb: Must now not ever be allowed to travel on the same plane just in case :roll:

Back