• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bullying - any ideas?

racheld69

Mama Doe
Hi - my friend just sent me this - any ideas?

About a week ago we noticed lots of Jenny's hair in their bedding and then we saw Benjamin pulling it out with his teeth and at times even clawing her back, quite aggressively, which is weird as he's never done anything like that before. He then started mounting her again and she became really quite withdrawn so we decided to split them up. We went away for the weekend and when we got back we decided to try them together again and he did exactly the same thing. I have no idea what has suddenly changed as they have always been the best of friends before. As we rescued Jenny we don't know whether she had been neutered so we had Benjamin done about a year ago.

Have you experience anything like this before?

Time of year? Or if she isn't spayed (you can get an ultrasound done to find out) she may be making him feel extra friendly:lol:

My two boys (both neutrered) are being a bit frisky at moment, a little mounting and they chase each other around for ages in circles and run after each other so fast binkying! but it looks like playing rather than agressive? Alfie nips Bobby fur on his bum as soon as he lies down for snooze! Bobby gets annoyed and jumps up and i feel sorry for him!!I think alfie is saying 'oi get up play with me'!:lol::lol: But i just leave them to it to sort out their differnces, they are best of friends most of the time!:D
Im not sure about male/femlale maybe someone alse willl be able to give u some more ideas hun!

My two boys (both neutrered) are being a bit frisky at moment, a little mounting and they chase each other around for ages in circles and run after each other so fast binkying! but it looks like playing rather than agressive? Alfie nips Bobby fur on his bum as soon as he lies down for snooze! Bobby gets annoyed and jumps up and i feel sorry for him!!I think alfie is saying 'oi get up play with me'!:lol::lol: But i just leave them to it to sort out their differnces, they are best of friends most of the time!:D
Im not sure about male/femlale maybe someone alse willl be able to give u some more ideas hun!

Your boys sound like mine!!! They have a massive hutch and run, and spend most of their time sitting almost on top of each other, but can sometimes get annoyed with each other, they chase and pull hair. Desmond also tries to 'dig' Douglas' behind, which isn't a favourite pastime of Douglas' and so becomes a chasing match.

Your boys sound like mine!!! They have a massive hutch and run, and spend most of their time sitting almost on top of each other, but can sometimes get annoyed with each other, they chase and pull hair. Desmond also tries to 'dig' Douglas' behind, which isn't a favourite pastime of Douglas' and so becomes a chasing match.

so do you think that my friend should put them back together and let them get on with it - even though one sounds subdued?

:lol:
Yep, alfie does exactly that!
especially if Bobbys eating too fast and seems to be geting alll the best bits alfie cant keep up so stops eating 'digs' at Bobbys bum to distract him and when bobby turns round as if to say 'get off Alfie' Alfie swiftly runs back to the bowl to get a headstart and the best position for his head in the bowl..closest to the leaves away from the stalks!! ( especially when its parsley!! ):lol::lol: Bobby then just nuzzles his way back in and gets back to muchnin 10x faster than him!!!!!

They are free range on the terrace too...so lots of space yet bobby will sit on Alfs head or collapse completely on top of him, and poor alfie who is smaller has to squeeze out from under him or move over! (pay back for the digging maybe??) :lol:Such characters!!

im not sure, but i heard splitting them up can mean u need to rebond them?? iv never split mine up even in the early stages of bonding as i was told to just make sure it doesnt get nasty, fights etc, just leave them to sort out whos boss???
Maybe someone else might be able to help more though!???? just my experiences?

so do you think that my friend should put them back together and let them get on with it - even though one sounds subdued?

Mine have worked out their differences in the end. For the 5mins of chasing, the other 23hours and 55mins they love each other.

Back