• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hot cross bunnies

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
even though they are indoor buns and i have all the windows open the buns arent coping too well. both were squished together on the bare base of their crate which is obviously nice and cool.

zola especially is unhappy, hes panting away and trashing the crate just to get comfy bless him

ive put a wet towel in their pen for them to lie on but it remains ignored!

anyone elses buns suffering?

Last edited:
Yup mine have completely vegged out, they have ice cubes and a cold towel plus frozen bottle of water to keep cool. Missy is lay on her back catching the breeze from the windows.

Dodge on the other hand is sat on my shoulder licking the sofa:rolleyes: Poor buns...they're refusing to go outside and play.

mine are..its ok for our frenchies theyre free range house buns..we have lino in our lounge and old tiles in the kitchen...but they have a scooby doo tent in the lounge..i have one of those "swamp" coolers but now only use it as a fan..its great it hits them lovley and the air above their heads..the tents like a fridge in comparison to the other parts of the lounge.

the litlies tho get some relief from the fan...ive had to refreeze bottles again but bif n bandit dont like them neither do the frenchies...

we have a scratch and newton cooler..like a snugglesafe heat pad but a cooler...its 4 to 5 hrs in the freezer so im going to do that later so its there overnite....the fans on all the time.....

i purchsed a mobile air conditioning unit last year..but after i was putting it away i had to get the door quick and the only bun small enuff to get behind there was bandit....and i have a bit of wirse chewed thru....
it says you cant use them in extension leads but i dont know about surge protectors otherwise im stuffed..the wire is short enough before this it ownt reach a power point..so i need to ring an electrician and see.....theyre god but have to have a window open to put th ehose out,....no good when the cats keep escaping..but i used cut up trellis for that ha ha..

you can buy cage cooelr fans ive seen them somewhere online...also the odd dodge of water with ice cibes in but they melt so fast!

Awwww bless them! I am lucky as my buns run is in the shade all the time and they can retreat to the garage to their crate to cool down - it is always lovely and cool in there. I did notice they were suffering when playing out on the grass the other evening so put them away. Feels like it could be a hot summer.

Lian x

Mine are mental. They spend all day long out in the garden, regardless of how hot it is. I can't get them to come in :roll:

Yesterday I had to physically push them indoors, even though their fur was boiling hot! I was really worried they were going to get heat stroke, but they were quite happy to lie under a bush for hours on end and chew on hay. Weirdos.

They are out there again now, I can't keep them in. If I try they start scratching at the back door and pulling at the carpet! Determined bunnies!

i put a wet towel into their crate for them and have opened every hole in my house! its a lot cooler now....

im just worried because im going away this weekend and someone is coming to sit with them. when someone isnt here the windows have to be shut so it gets a bit toasty

if u get pavings slabs or cold tiles they love lying on them, thats what i give the buns when they are hot! xxx

Mine are suffering!!!!
Even when there outside in the shade!
They all have ice cold water, ice cubes and frozen water bottles!
xx

mine seem blissfully ignorent of all the upheaval in the weather. I have been keeping a couple of small windows open though and the south facing curtains closed.

i have a temp thing in the bun room and it didnt go above 21 degrees in our front room(windows shut too)... got a nice chilly house :D

i have a huge fan which i will use if it creeps anywhere near 25 degrees in that room

Mine are lapping up the sunshine. It's funny how they sit really cuddled up together. I would have thought they would be too warm being so close.

They are outside from 7.30 to nearly 10.00 and are just loving it. Wolfie has been a devil to get into the hutch for the last few nights as he just wants to play - and to hump Gloria, but she's having none of it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm How warm it too warm for buns? What's the weather like over there?

Is it the humidity that bothers them? My kids live in my room and right now seem fine at 28C (82F)

The barn buns have lived outside for years and it's gotten to 113F. I give them a frozen waterbottle whenever I can but people always take it away.:evil:

Back