• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice On Girl Buns

billysmom

Mama Doe
:wave:HI JUST NEED A BIT OF ADVICE, NEVER HAD A GIRLIE BUN BEFORE, ALWAYS HAD LITTLE BOYS:) WELL POPPY IS NEARLY 13 WKS OLD NOW AND WEVE HAD HER FOR ABOUT 3WKS.SHES EXTREMELY HAPPY AND LOVES HER HAY ETC.BUT IVE FOUND AS WELL AS HAVING A TRAIL OF POOS:oops:EVERYWHERE SHE GOES, SHE ALSO LIKES TO HAVE A OCCASIONAL WEE:oops:.SO IVE BEEN FINDING LITTLE PUDDLES AND SOMETIMES IF SHE GETS EXCITED OR BIT FRIGHTENED(SHE HATES THE HOOVER)) THERE ARE DROPS OF WEE.IM WONDERING AS SHES EATING,DRINKING FOR ENGLAND PLUS SITS AT MY FRIDGE FOR HER DAILY CORIANDER, IF SHE CAN SMELL MY BRIDGE BUN BILLY(WHO WAS NEVER NEUTERED).IS THIS POSSIBLE??? IVE ALSO A MALE CHINCHILLA WHO REGULARY COMES INSIDE, NOT IN THE SAME AREA BUT AFTER SHE HAS A FIT AND DROPS HER WASTE:lol::lol::lol: I THOUGHT ONLY LITTLE BOYS MARKED THEIR TERRITORY, AND SHES RUBBING HER CHIN EVERYWHERE.OBVIOUSLY SHES NOT SPAYED YET AS TOO YOUNG.MAY HAVE TO CHANGE HER NAME TO POPPY:oops::lol:pANTS.PLUS SHES LET OUT AT 7AM EVERY MORNING AND DOSENT GO BACK INTO HER INDOOR CAGE UNTIL MIDNIGHT.THANKYOU.

scattered poops are territorial thing, she's letting everyone know this is her space now!

i'm not sure about the wee, it might be territory marking but might also be a urinary tract infection. i'm sure a more knowledgable person will be able to comment on this though.

x

:)If She Had An Infection Would She Be Ill, As Shes Racing All Around My Lounge At Present And Dragging My Wooden Hedgehog Off My Fireplace, She Does Drink A Bottle Of Water Daily And Only Goes Back Into Cage For A Drink, As She Has A Basket With Hay In On Carpet.The Only Medication Shes Taking Is Panacur For 9 Days, this was given when she had her myxi jab last week.Thankyou.

Last edited:
my little monster had cystitis and he was as right as rain, still his bouncy old self! obviously i'm not a vet so i can't be sure that's what it is but i would keep an eye on her. maybe you should pen her off a smaller space to run about in, maybe she's so excited at having so much space that she holds her wee and can't get to the toilet in time. or you could pop her into her litter tray every ten minutes or so and hopefully she'll get the idea that that's where she needs to go when she needs a wee.

if the puddles persist after a few days, i would maybe advice a trip to the vets. if it was a UTI, they'd give her some antibiotics to clear it out.

:wave:THANKYOU, I WILL KEEP AN EYE ON HER BUT I THINK SHES LIKE YOU SAID EXCITED OF ALL THE SPACE, I HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING ELSE SINCE 8AM THIS MORNING APART FROM HUNDREDS OF POO,S:lol::lol: SHE LOVES YOU TOO RUB HER TUMMY WHEN SHE ROLLS OVER, SO HAVE BEEN RUBBING HER TUM AND SHE SEEMS OKAY WHEN YOU TOUCH HER.HOPE IT IS JUST THAT SHES EXCITED.ONLY DONT WANT TO WHISK HER OFF TO THE VET IF NOT NEEDED, AS SHE HATES GOING AND IS OFF WITH US FOR DAYS:lol::lol:

Last edited:
my bun hates tummy rubs! bless her! if you can get hold of any yarrow, that's good for the urinary tract. drinking lots of water will help flush out infection too.

try scooping her poops into her toilet aswell, so she realises this is where they go, but it might not calm down until she's been spayed.

:lol: i said the same thing when someone said it to me! yarrow

i just found that the galens garden site does a special solution with it in, with dandelion and marshmallow root, it supports the urinary tract, i'm going to get some i reckon. UT Syrup

Back