• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

supreme science recovery

madysmummy

Mama Doe
stupid vet didn't tell me how to mix and what to mix it with. i'm thinking water, but how much to the powder and cold/warm water etc ?
can you help ?

Doesn't it say on the packet? I have one here somewhere if you need me to look?

I remember that it's warm, but not boiling, water.

it just says "please refer to the main leaflet for full instructions" he hasn't given me the leaflet thou :rolleyes: must have been in a rush to get me out of there - i was in there 30mins !

think he said warm water but not how much - thought i#d double check. i would like to give her some tonight if poss.

Right, the sachets I have here are silver with a black box with white writing on "Science Recovery. Liquid feed for small herbivores". The sachet contains 20g of concentrate and it says to dilute with 70ml of WARM (not boiling) water.

Do you have syringe? Or are you hoping she'll eat it herself?

Hi

It is 70 ml of warm water i.e cooled boiled water per sachet...but don't use the whole sachet as you don't need to and can save some for tomorrow. Just use 1/3 rd or half and adjust water amounts.

Right, the sachets I have here are silver with a black box with white writing on "Science Recovery. Liquid feed for small herbivores". The sachet contains 20g of concentrate and it says to dilute with 70ml of WARM (not boiling) water.

Do you have syringe? Or are you hoping she'll eat it herself?

thats what i've got :D thanks for looking for me - great help. didn't want to guess how much water to mix with it. nope got a few different syringes, and she takes to them really well.

got a question thou. if she doesn't take all of it can i keep it till tomorrow or does it go off ?
also do i have to leave it to cool even more before giving it to her ??

Hi

It is 70 ml of warm water i.e cooled boiled water per sachet...but don't use the whole sachet as you don't need to and can save some for tomorrow. Just use 1/3 rd or half and adjust water amounts.

oh you beat me too it and answered my question as i was typing it ! :lol: thanks

It doesn't really matter how much you mix up, I usually mix around half a packet and if it doesn't all get used, stick it in the fridge and reheat with a little more warm water when you want to use it again.

I mix it with warm water and runny enough to squeeze through a 1ml syringe with the tip cut off.

Some buns prefer to try and lap it from a small bowl if they can.

I also sometimes make a drier/stickier mix and portion it out into little bite sized balls to hand feed if they don't like the syringe.

It doesn't really matter how much you mix up, I usually mix around half a packet and if it doesn't all get used, stick it in the fridge and reheat with a little more warm water when you want to use it again.

I mix it with warm water and runny enough to squeeze through a 1ml syringe with the tip cut off.

Some buns prefer to try and lap it from a small bowl if they can.

I also sometimes make a drier/stickier mix and portion it out into little bite sized balls to hand feed if they don't like the syringe.

great ta. she's ok with the syringe so thats ok.

Back