• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused...

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
..I thought rabbits had to have pellets as part of there diet, along with Veg, Grass & Hay?!

xx

The pellet aspect of a bunny's diet is the least important part and bunnies can get along with out them, provided they are getting all the nutrients they need from their other food sources.

By giving a pelleted food you are ensuring that they get nutrients (dependent of course on the pellet you choose).

Based on my own experiences at a rescue I know that rabbits can do well on approx 80% good quality hay, 10-15% veg and the rest pellets.

I have to say that it does seem to depend entirely on the rabbit concerned.:D

yeah I give my group of 4 girls a lot more pellets than I give Benny, simply because they are a lot more active than him and burn it off in spite of eating a ton of hay. Basically I feed my rabbits hay, with a small amount of pellets and a small amount of veg - they look very well on it and if there's any sticky poops lying around I cut back pellets and veg straight away, and give extra hay to make up for it :)

:wave:Oright!!
Thanks!
Similar to what i do now!!
Majority hay! Veg & grass depending on Poo's
And rest pellets!!
xx
GREAT!!:D

Back