• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please

sa28

Young Bun
ive had my bunny two weeks he will not let me pick him up nor stroke what shell i do also he his chewing my capret and eating my wall paper how do i stop him please thanks

Give your bunny time and be patient.

Ive had Lopsy for around 7months and she still isnt keen on being picked up.
Bo also wont let me stroke or pick him up.

Its just bunnies for you.
Spend time sitting with your bunny, offering treats...

xx

bunnies, as a rule, aren't keen on being picked up, something to do with predators. i would sit on the floor with your bun and allow him to smell and jump all over you, it's all about getting him to trust you.

then you can try picking him up for a second and setting him back down.. building it up over time. some will get used to it but some will never, ever be comfortable and will kick and struggle within an inch of their lives! i've been lucky in that my bun isn't phased at all and will allow being picked up, it took time though...

i am really lucky with mine as he's my first bun and i couldnt wish for a better natured one! he likes to chew on wires though but i found if you just put some catalogues or phone books on the floor then he will prob start chewin them instead also i agree that you should spend time sitting on the floor with him and letting him approach you in his terms. gd luck x

Unfortunately some bunnies have some sort of fascination with wall paper... i know mine had.... I had tmove the carpet bits around so he couldn;t reach the walls (we have wooden floor and he can;t get a grip on it, so that was the trick)... but if you can't do that with yours, you will just have to put up with it! I tried everythg to get my bunny to stop but there was no way! And he got through the pain , he starting actually chewing the walls and made small holes in them!!!!
As for picking him up, I agree that buns don;t really like this, especially when they don;t know you too well. It scares them a lot. Just sit down next to him and let him run around you to get to know you. Make sure you pet him a lot, and i'm sure that in time he will let you pick him up once in a while... i know mine does now...

I lie on the floor with mine, they can never resist coming over and standing on me. I feed them little bits of green veg and hay from my hand, as that helps to build trust.

They don't like being picked up but if I do I plonk them on my lap or on the sofa or on the bed so they aren't in my hands very long.

YOung bunnies are very naughty and like to chew wires and things like paper. I give them things like toilet roll tubes, cardboard boxes, empty paper bags like gift bags, crunched up paper, babies rattles, anything they can throw around or chew on.

THey settle down when they are neutered and as they get older, don't worry!! :)

my 2 rabbits dont really enjoy being picked up ever, one lets us more than the other

ours are much happier just coming up to us or if indoors jumping up on sofa next to us.

:wave: sit on the floor and let the bunny explore you. keep talking to bun in a calm voice and try giving him treats (rich tea, digestive biscuits or a piece of bread) or food he likes to eat by holding out and letting him come to you, he will soon associate you with giving yummy treats when he gets close and trust you. whike he is eating try and stroke him slowl, dont rush your hand to him. let him sniff your hand, sounds alot but does work, just takes time!:roll:

Back