• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elwood's operation has been cancelled

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I had a call from the vets today to say they have cancelled elwoods operation as they are not happy giving GA's on a Friday, in case the bunny becomes unwell over the weekend.

This is fair enough but I did question it being a Friday when the nurse booked it as it wouldn't have been my preferance to have a GA on a Friday but she said that was all that was available. I don't understand why she booked it if there policy is not to do them on a Friday. I had mentally prepared myself for it and now I have to worry about it for another 10 days.

Anyway he is now booked in for Monday 19th as next week is a bit hectic with my wedding reception. He is has to go back tomorrow though for a conscious burring as his front teeth are overgrown again after just a week. I have never known teeth to grow so fast, I just hope he behaves this time so they can cut a decent amount off.

Awww what a shame youve had all the stress of it being so close and now having to do it all over again. Im sure he'll be just fine when the time comes. lol at deleting it. :lol:

Thats a bit of a pain after you actually questioned them when booking the appointment :?
I suppose it does give Elwood a bit more time to settle after all his travels lately.

Janex

:wave: does seem strange they cancelled op. my vets do ops on friday on my lot, they just say call in sat am if not happy or call emerg vet! odie has his front teeth burred every other week. they have fallen out bit grew back and he is quite chuncky for a bun with teeth problems!!

Back