• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have paid help with the rabbits?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering if any members pay somebody to help out with their rabbits? i.e. a cleaner, petsitter, etc??

I don't have the funds to hire somebody, but was just thinking how nice it would be :D

No and even if I could afford it I wouldn't as I am such a fusspot I would only go around re-doing everything :oops:

Janex

Up until recently I could hardly feed them myself:lol:
If I go away some of my neighbors usually watch them or my grandparents...last year we went to Bulgaria and had our neighbors watch them (they volunteered:D) They were "paid" with a small rabbit made from glass. :lol:
Just recently I went up to feed their cats and rabbits too, and got a cup from Disney Land in return:roll: So we pay with souvenirs:lol:

I'd do it for other people but my own I am like Jane and would be changing everything a making it just right :lol:

I do get my buns bunnysat if I go on holiday but even then I find it a strugglw not to leave 100's of instructions, toys, things to look for and advice :D

I had someone look after Jasmine for me, and when I got home she looked so so cross! LOL

Hence why I have plans in the pipeline for a bunny hotel

Only when i go on holiday i pay with pressies, I have to leave a huge contact list for whoever looks after them:D

I have never had paid help and I am like Jane I would go round doing it my way anyway. It is only recently that I have actually got a volunteer who is Shel20 off here and she is absolutely fantastic and I trust her emmensley with all my buns, she does everything the same as me. It as took me 7yrs of rescuing and actually trusting somebody to help me.

Thanks Shel20:D see you tomorrow and I will have your tea o:Dn

No and even if I could afford it I wouldn't as I am such a fusspot I would only go around re-doing everything :oops:

Janex

OMG, I am EXACTLY the same!!! :oops: :lol: That's why no one in the family even offers to help out any more......every time anyone TOUCHES anything, I lunge at it shrieking, 'NO! You're not DOING it right!!!!!' :shock: :oops: :lol:

It would be nice to pay somebody to see to the buns in the morning, so I can get myself ready for work and actually have breakfast!!... rather than spend about an hour feeding, watering and medicating buns, then 5 mins on myself...only to get to work and realise that I haven't brushed my hair or changed out of my muddy trainers :roll: :lol:

I wish :) Would be nice to be able to pay someone to do all the cleaning and then I could just do all the cuddling and feeding and playing. I do pay a petsitter when we go on hols - it costs £200 and the buns and ratties are not at all pleased and always play up :roll: When I get back I get the cold shoulder treatment for a few days :lol: The piggers are not bothered who cares for them, just so long as they get their veggies :lol:

Nope I like doing my bunnies and the fosters myself, I too am very fussy and they all like things a certain way :rolleyes: Guy sometimes helps me with feeding but thats about it :) Im planning to go away for a week soon and Guy will be in full charge :shock:

Nope I like doing my bunnies and the fosters myself, I too am very fussy and they all like things a certain way :rolleyes: Guy sometimes helps me with feeding but thats about it :) Im planning to go away for a week soon and Guy will be in full charge :shock:

Aw, it's nice that he helps you :D

If I went away and left Dom in charge, I'd probably come back to a load of bunny skeletons :shock:

I have a really good bunsitter (a vet nurse) when I'm away:D She's good so I pay her about £160 a week.

Plus my horseys are part livery - that's £368 per month for 2. I go up at weekends & twice a week:D

Back