• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Weight

Rabbit1986

Alpha Buck
just a quick question, is there a way to tell if you bun is over weight or under weight? I tend to do a lot of unneccesary worrying about Rodney, because of his background i want to make sure he has a nice life. So within 8 week of finding him he had gone from been underweight, to on the slighlty podgy side of a good weight. So i put him on a diet. He now gets a spring green leaf on a morning and on an eveing he gets one and a half small egg cup full of muslei mix (am swaping to A & P shortly) another spring green leaf and a selection from the following, a small amount of carrot, small amount of apple, broccoli, dandelion, had cut grass various herbs etc. He also has unlimted hay. He is never so hungary that he dives on his food and clears his plate but he always eats everything, so by moring his tea is all gone and by tea time his breakfast is all gone, and he probably goes through 2 to three large handfuls of hay a day. Now he lost his bit of podge and i thought (except his mault) he was looking better, but we ahd some friends round last night and they both commented that he was looking a bit too skinny, where as i thought he just looked lean and fit. How do i tell? I don't really want to increase his muslei mix portion because its not that good for him. If i give him more hay he doesn't eat it, if i increase his veg he doesn't eat it all. I am so confused? :oops::lol::oops:

Back