• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch wood stain/preserver

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Hi there I have bought the sykes combo from happy hutch and wondered if I need to put wood preserver on there and maybe varnish it up it says that they come already dipped in red cedar colour and are untreated on the inside but I'm not sure what I need to do to it now what has everybody else done with theres? If I do need to varnish/preserve it which ones are rabbit friendly ?

Thanks for the help! :wave:

At the moment mine is in its original condition, but i think i will be painting it in the summer.

the cuprinol garden shades range are pet friendly and come in some lovely colours

:D

i left mine as I thoguht it would be ok but the legs are soaking up water appallingly and the edges are starting to go mouldy...I've sanded down n repainted it.

I've had mine over 2yrs and never treated them - I think they could do with it this summer though

Most of the hutch companys put something on their hutches, many say it will last 3 months. However I believe in regular treating them as it keeps the weather out and will mean that it should last longer ...... that is providing the rabbits dont eat it.

Back