• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned for Charm

Lately Charm hasn't been coming out of his hutch...at all! I leave the hutch door open and the hutch was only ever intended as a place the buns could hide in if they wanted privacy, along with a few other places ad it's only 4ft long. But the last few weeks charm hasn't been coming out at all. I've actually picked him up and brought him out and closed the hutch up so he can't go in at the moment. I can't imagine staying in his hutch all the time is good for him.

I'm worried about him. Should I be?

I'm worried about him. Should I be?

Any change in behaviour can indicate a health problem. So I would get him checked over by a Vet to make sure he is not experiencing any pain ( teeth, arthritis, abdomen etc ) or having and respiratory/heart problems.
If he is generally lethargic it may be the result of a number of things but its always best to act quickly and get the Bun Vet checked. Early intervention can make all the difference.

Good luck

Janex :)

I hope Charm will be ok, do you think it could be the change in temperature?

Some of mine have become a bit lethargic but they are alot older than Charm

let us know how you get on

Silly rabbit has just been doing it to scare me I think. I locked him out of his hutch for a few hours so he had to come out. Put his food and water out and some hay out and then I cleaned the hutch and left it without any megazorb in it and went off cleaning, he went into the hutch...and came straight back out, following me around the house again like he used to before eventually settling down on the softest place he could find.

I don't think it's anything to do with temperature, because my house is actually underground it's still quite cold inside.

ummm lemme show you, it's easier than explaining...
The blue door is my kitchen. My kitchen and bathroom are on that level then there's stairs down.
n650677470_442225_1540.jpg

The white is me, the stone is the other house.
My living room and bedroom are down there, but as you can see, only the living room door is open the rest is underground.
n650677470_442226_1733.jpg

There are windows, but it's still underground :p My windows are...see in front of the door? Down there is my bedroom window :p

Back