• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toilet training

matt987106

New Kit
Hi

our 2 bunnies are still in the indoor cage, we have put a little litter try in the 1 corner for them, they both wee in that fine

BUT

they dont poo in it ? ? ? ? ?

is this normal as i was under the impression they liked to go in the same place ? ??

any ideas ?? ? ? ?

You've cracked the hardest bit if they're weeing there :D Complete litter training takes time and lots and lots of patience! Keep collecting up the poos and putting them in the litter tray and they'll begin to get the idea - eventually! And when you clean out remember to put some dirty litter into the tray again to remind them what the tray is for. Good luck x

my bunni is a outdoor buni and he did not have a litter try untill 2 years after i got him i just put it in and off he went lol did not even have to train him lol

Josh:D

My buns pretty much just started using at as well. Just had to make sure I left some poos in it for the first couple weeks.

Back