• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you store your hay?

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Where do you store your hay once you've opened the bag? I've seen a hay bag on the 'hay experts' website and wondered whether to get one. I'm tired of trying tape the ends of tha hay bag down and it's hard to get the hay out of the it because it's tight packed.

I've resorted to putting hay in 'bags for life' and tying them up. So, where do you store your hay?

Replies are most appreciated.

Mine comes in plastic bags which I store in our half shed. They go through it so quickly that its hardly in there any time at all :roll::lol:

I store the bales the the yard where i keep my horses and then brin it home in haynets and put it in a black bin, I use it in about 2 days so it's no problem keeping it in there.

xx

In a plastic box / trunk which is designed for storing cushions for the garden chairs outside.

I keep the stock in the garage and then some in the house where I can get to it easily. It does seem to get a bit dry in the house and a bit damp in the garage though - whats a hay bag?

I have a bale of hay in my hallway inside a single duvet cover. I put the last one in the shed but my rabbits ate thru' the string and spread it around too much, this way I can drop loads of it thru' the house while taking it outside :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I buy hay I put it all in a large container/box thing, there is one for hay and one for straw, which are both kept in the shed by the hutch :)

It's handy plus it keeps it all neat and tidy

It's handy plus it keeps it all neat and tidy[/QUOTE]

OOOOHHHHH :shock: :shock: Neat and Tidy scares me!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep Smudge's food in a container like Noodles said and the hay and straw in 2 black bin liners in a Curver crate next to teh hutch with a load of old newspapers and the large bucket for hutch clearing - all together in the shed.

The hay I get from a farm goes in a plastic bin, the compressed hay stays in the bag it comes in and the Timothy or Barley hay I get and use for their hay racks goes in the hay bags from hay experts. I know which hay is which then :)

Back