• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Glucosamine

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried using glucosamine/chondrotine in older buns with arthritis.

Our eldest bun, Maggie, is starting to just get a little stiffer than she used to be. She doesn't seem to have any pain, and I've had her checked over but she definitely stretches more than she used to when getting up.

Have considered trying her on glucosamine, and spoke to the makers of Synoquin who said that they have had reports of it being used successfully in bunnies.

Wanted to know if anyone else has tried and what sort of results you've had?

Also, it comes in capsule form and her dose rate would be half a capsule, so would need to give her it in powdered form, anyone got any ideas how to get here to take it?!

Roo

Yes, all my oldies are on it and I swear by it, it's fantastic stuff but you need the 100% pure glucosomine, do you want the link?

Yeah, I've known loads of dogs and some cats who benefit from it, as well as my Dad and his dodgy knee! :lol: Not heard many cases of it being used with buns though.

My mum uses it for all her animals, and tries to get me to take it - note to veggies/vegans - It's made of shrimp shells! :shock:
But it's very good for restoring the cartilage in joints since it is derived from chitin which is basically the same thing :)

hiya:), our bun molly has been using glucosamine sulphate for nearly 7 yrs. she was diagnosed with arthritis in her back legs 7 yrs ago, and she was on metacam for the first few months- until we started giving her the tabs. still can remember that day a few days after she had started having them, she seems so much more mobile- wv never stopped since, we put on tab on her pellets (shake it all over) the ones we have are in capsules so we just sprinkle the powder on. prob we give her one every other day.

i think there great:). and she can move!:). never needed metacam after that.
x

Can someone PM me or put on this thread the link to where to buy these? My 9 yr old Nethie dwarf x is getting stiffer by the day!! Any guidance of dosage?

ours is from Phytopet, if you type in the name it comes up with a web site, where you can find your nearest stockist. there only bout £6 for 90 capsules (and i think they can post them to you, if you cant get to a shop).

we put down a half a bowl of dry bun mix for her and scatter a open capsule on her food (that lasts her 2 days, she loves her hay more than mix).

would def give them a go (i know what works for one bun might not for the other) but they really seem to have made a difference (and if we run out after a few days i can see her getting worse).

reading you off the bottle, what the caps contain....

500mg glucosamine sulphate
vitamin c (ascorbaic acid)
100mg, silica,
magnesium stearate,
cellulose capsule

Back