• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poor Furby doesn't cope well in warm weather

karen354

Warren Veteran
Furby will enjoy the sun for a while then has to go back into her shed for a lie down. She pants in the heat and doesn't cope very well. I bought one of those ice pods for her but she won't lie next to it :?

One of my bunnies is the same.i tried frozen bottles and everything.The one thing he did lie on though the other year when it was boiling was a pair of jeans which i put in cold water and rung out.The jeans were still quite cool when i got home from work too:D

I had to make a shelter yesterday for my bun. The sun was too much for fluffy Arthur and there was very little shade. He liked the shelter though :D

just provide plenty of shade, my lot dont like ice packs ect they would rather have a bowl of water in front that they can rest their front feet in! also have made sun shades that go over the fronts of the hutches to keep them cool. they have the top oh hutches open to let air in but the bulk is covered and they seem to like it! they were all lounging and heads facing the bootles, so they didnt have to go far to get a drink! lazy or wot!!!!!!:lol:

There's lots of shade for her, her shed & enclosure has a roof on so really cool under there.. She's a lionhead and her coat is so thick it's like her wearing 5 fur coats :shock:

I clip my Lionheads fur in the summer months - it must make them a bit more comfortable, even though a little silly at first cos I'm no hairdresser!

Back