• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch/run combos...run at front or back?

I set mine up with the run at the front. I make it so that the cover to the run lifts off, then I just stand in the run to clean the hutch out! I like it this way, because it makes it easier for me to get a good view of the bunnies playing!:D

I've had mine both ways. I put it at the back to start with because I thought it would be easier to clean the hutch out, which it was except the rabbits decided not to use the litter tray in the hutch but to wee and poo in the back corner of the run. I had to put litter trays in the run instead so since painting them I've turned them round so the run is at the front.

Hi there,
Can you let us know what you think to this hutch when it arrives.
I am wondering which is better to go for - the one you have bought or the Happyhutch equivalent.
Thanks, Vanessa xx

Here's a photo of mine from last year, when we had just put it together. The lid of the run opens towards the hutch, and we have a little hook there that holds it open, when I am cleaning the run. I did not want to stand inside the run while cleaning the hutch (Penny would try to jump out) and also did not want to have to bend over too far to get to it. A fox will have to stretch up higher to reach the front of the hutch and can't just sit on the lid of the run. We now have a perspex shutter for the front of the hutch, and also perspex on the lid and on three sides of the run. Plus an extra rain cover for the run, as water still gets in through some gaps.

bighutch.jpg

STA72810.jpg

Heres mine ..

I originally wanted the run to be like Giselas... and i informed o/h this is how i wanted them but got home from work to find them set up like that. I like it though makes the buns easier to grab if you need to rather than stepping in and out of the run.

STA72810.jpg

Heres mine ..

I originally wanted the run to be like Giselas... and i informed o/h this is how i wanted them but got home from work to find them set up like that. I like it though makes the buns easier to grab if you need to rather than stepping in and out of the run.

Men!! I think the roofs on your hutches are also the wrong way round. They should normally slope towards the back of the hutch. But the doors seem to fit into the lower side. Hmmmm. Are they Happy Hutches or from another company?

i have my happy hutch with the run to the front, but we changed the hinges around so the run lid opens away from the hutch so i can get in the run to clean it out. too short to reach to the back otherwise :roll:

i have my happy hutch with the run to the front, but we changed the hinges around so the run lid opens away from the hutch so i can get in the run to clean it out. too short to reach to the back otherwise :roll:

That's what is worrying me...I'm only 5ft 1inches and I don't want to have to stand in the run just to feed and water...why can't I be taller :roll:

I am 5 ft 4, and would find it difficult to reach to the back of the hutch, if the run was in front of it. It's not good for my back at my age. :rolleyes:

Back