• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non-animal Lovers Missing Out

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
as you all now that owning a pet of any kind is a wonderful thing.I was out by the river walking Archie and it was a lovely warm day and all the trees looked beautiful.
When I got to work my two friends were moaning about doing the ironing and watching some drivel on the TV,and I realised what they were both missing out on,neither of them like animals and they are very very house proud and dont like mess,.so they wouldnt be good owners anyway,but what a shame and a shame for their children who also think animals are dirty and smelly

I can't imagine living without pets. I have a sister who is very houseproud and doesn't like the thought of animals indoors and I just think how awful to live for cleaning. :(

I don't think they're necessarily missing out - parents could say people without children are missing out on that experience, but we all want different things with our lives :)

I couldn't be house proud with all my pets including my hubby,even if I tried!!!Never mind though i love all my babettes and would miss them terribly (understatement)if they weren't here.They certainly are missing out!:lol::D

I've had a dog since I was 11 and rabbits since 16 so now I can't imagine being without them:lol: Mom took the dog with her though and the house felt noticeably empty afterwards...just like my bedroom seemed empty after my hamster died. (Had her for about a year)

I couldnt bear it without any animals, fair enough i hate the cold mornings when its feeding time but when you see them all sitting there munching, it just makes you smile!

i think my culture feels that keeping animals are wrong, becuase they come from countries where cats, dogs and rabbits are wild.

i think im the only person in my whole family that has a huge thing about keeping pets!
my nickname used to be 'animal boy' at school :lol: :roll:

You can be house proud and still have animals. my mum is one of the most pristine house proud people i have ever met but we have had a dog for 12 years. I could never be without an animal in my home, it just doesn't feel like home. :)

I love you all!!! What like-minded people. I've lived with animals of some kind or other for the last 32 years and I wouldn't have it any other way. I totally agree about the dog walking though - I take mine out at 5.30am before work and watching the early morning sun through the mist and listening to the birds singing, kingfishers fishing, dear grazing etc is just beautiful. All those lard-arses who never poke their noses outside the door aside from to go to work or shop don't know what they're missing! All the more 'nature' for me I say!

"A house without a dog/rabbit is a clean and tidy house, but it is not a HOME"

I used to get called Dr Dolittle at my old place of work:lol:.

I think if you don't like/want pets, then that's fair enough but sometimes I think that some of my single friends would be happier if they had a pet to chat to when they came home from work:).

I can't imagine life without rabbits now, I think they are just the the best pets ever (sorry hamsters:lol:).

Well I am extremely house proud(to much so really) but I have a cat and dog who live indoors and they dont affect my cleanliness:D
Sallyx

I couldn't imagine not having a pet. I have a clean and tidy home (at times :lol:) but I'm by no means house proud. I've been in lots of peoples houses where they have nothing at all, no books, no paintings, no random interesting things, and no pets. They seem so bland. :(
But saying that I guess it's what you grow up with. I had over 50 animals when I was a kid because people used to bring my mum anything they didn't want anymore knowing she wouldn't turn it away :roll:
Our house was always interesting though! :)

Why, are you allergic to hay too!

I am:lol: I still sleep with hay on the floor on the other side of the room...its not that much...but considering the rabbit moved out on Wensday you'd think I would have cleaned up by now:lol:
But no...rabbit cages in use is about the only thing I do clean (+bowls and other equipment) unless "forced" to by my dad...I am in no way houseproud:roll:

I'm not houseproud, but I would like a hay-free life :roll:

The day someone invents a hay magnet that is not carpet or human hair will be the happiest day of my life.....from a houseproud animal lover :lol:

Life would be so dull without the animals!

Although I can't begin to imagine what people that don't have horses do with their time or money. It was so beautiful wondering down the road to cannock chase on my super chilled horse in the gorgeous sunshine :D One think i love about riding is you can be really nosy looking in peoples houses and gardens as you are taller then usual! :lol:

I think people are missing out as often I talk about my animals and people at work often say 'gosh that must be nice' but i'm sure they wouldn't like it in the cold and dark all winter.

xx

Back