• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising Starlight's Animal Sanctuary

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of StarlightsAnimalSanctuary

Charity Kitten Soaps

Here i have charity kitten soaps for sale to raise funds! Im asking £1.50 each and £1.50 for P+P.

They are diamond shaped lilac soaps with a string of beads attatched that can be used as a necklace after!

They would make great additions to presents or just as a gesture of affection!

Pm me for more Details

Starlight's Animal Sanctuary

2954088060102602548DkZacs_th.jpg
[/URL]

2369936620102602548tZagjY_th.jpg
[/URL]

2176098620102602548Fmdswz_th.jpg
[/URL]

2602258820102602548XIKAjZ_th.jpg
[/URL]

Come on people :(

Muffin urgently needs all 4 incisors out.

I am now thinking Jack is deaf and MAY be blind as he is constantly running into things, he needs various work.

Jack will send everyone who gets a soap a card with his photo on as a sign of appreciation.

Muffin urgently needs all 4 incisors out.

I seriously think you should book him in straight away as it is not fair to Muffin to have to wait for fundraising monies to be raised before he gets the treatment he urgently needs:cry::cry: Like all rescues, it comes out of their own pocket, any donations is an added bonus;)

I seriously think you should book him in straight away as it is not fair to Muffin to have to wait for fundraising monies to be raised before he gets the treatment he urgently needs:cry::cry: Like all rescues, it comes out of their own pocket, any donations is an added bonus;)

He has been booked in for saturday, have been quoted £140, i was just hoping if i could get donations prior, it will soften the blow of costs >.<

Last edited:
well thats good, the sooner the better before he is unable to eat or drink and heads into gut statis:(

Sadly, like all fundraising, it takes time if you are doing it over the internet but as and when people see this then maybe your donations will start trickling in:) tis a slow process when selling and even with raffles, they usually run for a couple of months;):)

well thats good, the sooner the better before he is unable to eat or drink and heads into gut statis:(

Sadly, like all fundraising, it takes time if you are doing it over the internet but as and when people see this then maybe your donations will start trickling in:) tis a slow process when selling and even with raffles, they usually run for a couple of months;):)

Oh no i normally trim his teeth myself every 2 weeks but it is so stressing for him, i have to pin him down in a towel, so i made the decision to have them removed.

Are you serious, you should not be trimming his teeth yourself :shock:

I have a bun who has lost a lower incisor so gets a slight fang on the side of one of her upper teeth and I asked the vet if I could do it myself and she advised against it - I do think here are other people on here who do front teeth themselves tho :?

I have a bun who has lost a lower incisor so gets a slight fang on the side of one of her upper teeth and I asked the vet if I could do it myself and she advised against it - I do think here are other people on here who do front teeth themselves tho :?

I totally disagree with it, I would hope not many people would do this really.

Last edited:
Are you serious, you should not be trimming his teeth yourself :shock:

When i took him to my own rabbits vets (pdsa ) as mine were being vaccinated, they said it was okay? But ive been researching online and have decided against doing it further and to have them removed as they need doing every 1-2 weeks.

Cool, what a rubbish vet advising that, glad you're getting the op done :thumb:

Can I ask what you were using to cut the teeth as my OH has really hard toe nails and not even the large nail clippers are getting through them now, they are like hoooofffsss:lol::lol::lol:

Can I ask what you were using to cut the teeth as my OH has really hard toe nails and not even the large nail clippers are getting through them now, they are like hoooofffsss:lol::lol::lol:

well when he came to me he had to have them cut asap as they were up his nose and he had no bodyweight, being a lionhead, he should be quite chunky, so i used... wirecutters >.< :shock:
Ifeel really bad doing it but it had to >.< he was in no way able to be put under a GA or anything, and only now is he around a normal ish weight.:)

Little ****** was trying to hump Bear, a giant X male, it was so funny bless him, he is so small in comparison he couldnt even grip on!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Incisors can be cut by the vet without a GA and in a matter of minutes using a burr and mouth-guard so there should have been no need for you to try yourself with wirecutters.

If you have proper bone Roungers (sp?) which put even pressure all round tooth it can be done at home..but even then there is a risk the tooth can shatter up into the root..

Hope you start selling these soon so he can have them removed

:cry: I just feel depressed now, i was just doing what was best for him according to my vet, someone else i know does the same thing when her vet showed her how to, the reason they are being removed is because i am now against the idea of them being cut at home,:( , I just wanted some support through the process and his op, as i have seen him come in as a skeleton, and slowly become a bouncing bundle of fluff. He is booked in for a pre op check tomorrow at 12:15 :cry:

Aw don't be upset, sounds like you do a fab job.

Before I joined the forum I too was told it was ok to cut rabbits teeth myself- I only learnt it wasn't from people on here.

Often people go on about burring on the forum, when my experience has been three different vets at different practices all CUT the teeth- including a very bunny savvy vet, so burring front teeth is not as common as people on here say.

Good luck for his op, let us know how he gets on x

Aw don't be upset, sounds like you do a fab job.

Before I joined the forum I too was told it was ok to cut rabbits teeth myself- I only learnt it wasn't from people on here.

Often people go on about burring on the forum, when my experience has been three different vets at different practices all CUT the teeth- including a very bunny savvy vet, so burring front teeth is not as common as people on here say.

Good luck for his op, let us know how he gets on x

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, i always check before i do something different so after being told it was okay, i went ahead, he has his pre op check tomorrow at 12:15, so fingers crossed all is well, as i know he is one of my mums personal faves!!

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, i always check before i do something different so after being told it was okay, i went ahead, he has his pre op check tomorrow at 12:15, so fingers crossed all is well, as i know he is one of my mums personal faves!!

Aww I hope it goes well!

You'd expect your vet to know, so I don't blame you for listening to them, and if they showed you how to do it then of course you'd think it was ok.
I am against it now from what I've learnt from here, as I think it can cause a lot of damage and stress, and possibly pain.

Well done for getting his teeth removed, I'm sure he'll be much happier afterwards.

Aww I hope it goes well!

You'd expect your vet to know, so I don't blame you for listening to them, and if they showed you how to do it then of course you'd think it was ok.
I am against it now from what I've learnt from here, as I think it can cause a lot of damage and stress, and possibly pain.

Well done for getting his teeth removed, I'm sure he'll be much happier afterwards.

Thanks.
Exactly! I am too since i discovered how the shards could embed in the gums and cause infections. I dont see how some vets can be so stupid, it was a vet i hadnt seen before who said it, as i use 2 different veterinary surgerys. So i will be more wary of her if i see her in future

Back